HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - SUCCESS!
Thread: SUCCESS!
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2003, 02:28 PM
deerhuntr107
Typical Buck

Default SUCCESS!

I killed a big doe this morning. I was only in stand a bit under 2 hours. I was sitting in my stand by 7:00. At 8:20 4 deer showed up at the opposite end of this field prolly because of a drive somewhere. Then they went into the fence. After that at about 8:30 a Jeep Wrangler pulled into the field off of this road. There was 2 does that ran from him up through the field and got to the top of the hill my stand is on and was walking the top toward me. I thought they were gonna go to this hillside that Im not allowd to hunt on but they kept coming.
I was thinking about which one to shoot at and decided that since they were both about the same size to just shoot the lead one. She got to my lane and I said "HEY" and she stopped and I shot and she DROPPED! Didnt run or nothin. Just fell and was dead. I got on the cell phone and it was 8:43. I called home and told my grandma and then called my buddy to come and get me cause I couldnt have gotten my truck in and then back out cause its only a 2WD. She was about 130-140lbs. and prolly 3.5 years old.
I am still excited One shot, one kill

OK, Im gonna go eat something and take a nap