Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what happens to all the deer

Old 12-06-2003, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default what happens to all the deer

Its werid bow season I saw zillions of deer. Once gun season started a few weeks ago. Deer sightings have dropped big time. I have noticed as we get closer to the end of the season the number of deer I see is vary few. Where do they go? I swear they pack up and move some where warmer.
Old 12-06-2003, 10:39 AM
jjt

Default RE: what happens to all the deer

a few of them a year move to my freezer
Old 12-06-2003, 11:20 AM
Fork Horn

With hunting presure, deer sometimes move more at night. Sometimes they just become alot more wary and harder to hunt later in the season. Your best bet is to try to hunt over some sort of food source later in the season. When the weather gets cold, the deer will have to move to feed. Also trying to hunt some in the middle of the day. Deer will feed during the noon hours to conserve energy especially when the weather is cold. They feed at the warmest part of the day in the dead of winter.

Good luck!
Old 12-07-2003, 02:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

The ones that were caught off guard are being consumed by those of us at the top of the food chain. The others have learned by example and are now more wary than ever. It gets very hard at the end of the season.