Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Post Season In Ny?

Old 12-03-2003, 10:16 AM

Default Post Season In Ny?

Hey,
Anyone in ny ever have any luck in the post season(last week or day) getting a buck or doe? Whats the best way to hunt this time of year, Still,stand or what?
Old 12-03-2003, 10:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Post Season In Ny?

Well...............no not really. In my neck of the woods, the woods may have a chance of starting to get back to some form of normality. The onslaught of hunters in the woods usually lasts the first week and then sporadic. The last 2 or 3 days you may have a better chance then the last 2 weeks. They hopefully will be getting back to somewhat of a normal pattern. It's always been the first 2 days or last 2 days for me anyway. I'd stick it out on stand. Maybe go out early in the afternoon at a different location if you can and still hunt. Then sit for the last hour and a half. Plus, the mysterious second estrous may kick in. Havent' seen overwhelming evidence of that either in my years, but I'm sure it happens someplace. Stick it out good luck
Old 12-03-2003, 10:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

It depends on where you hunt. I took a small buck Sunday with my bow and a doe this morning with the gun. The doe was with a spike and a small 6 pt.

I'm usually tagged out by the end of the season,so I usually don't hunt late bow, I will be this year however.

Four or five years ago I took a buck and a doe last day.

I love having snow down, you can find out where their traveling.
Old 12-07-2003, 05:50 AM

i have seen some of the biggest bucks taken at seasons end . hunt the food sources !