Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Trophy Montana whitetail

Old 12-05-2003, 07:32 PM

Default Trophy Montana whitetail

Just got back from annual hunt in Montana. My partner has been trying for 24 years to bag a B&C whitetail. Everyone told him he's hunting wrong state for a monster whitetail. He took a 12 point typical that rough scored 195.5 gross. After deductions nets 187.5. Has 13" back tines, 19.5" inside spread and very heavy. I checked with B&C and it would currently rank 171 all time for typical whitetail. If score holds up would be 6 or 7 all time for Montana. What is the usual loss to size after 60 day drying out period for antlers before official scoring, (if any)? I'll post a picture as soon as my son gets back from R.O.T.C. competition,(he's got the digital camera). Can I take a picture of a picture and download it? I took a decent mulie and he sure does taste good. Appreciated the post by the guy who recommended lipton onion soup mix for deer steaks. I'll be trying it over the weekend! Thanks
Old 12-05-2003, 09:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Trophy Montana whitetail

Wow, that's really awesome! Can't wait to see the pics! I've been thinking of going out to Montana in a fews years to hunt mulies, but who knows, maybe it'll be whitetail instead.
Old 12-05-2003, 10:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like a great deer, congrats to you and your pal!

The shrinkage isn't something that can be assured but 1-3" would be about average off the total score. If he is sitting 180's green net he'll have no worries about making the book. Really who cares if it place 171 or 178 he's in the book and that ain't something to many can say..BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT and he should be very proud whatever the finally tally ends up being
Old 12-07-2003, 01:13 PM

This is pic of my best friends Montana whitetail. I am in picture, not him.

Old 12-07-2003, 01:29 PM

Here is picture of Chuck, he bagged the deer:

This is pic of my Mulie buck:

Old 12-07-2003, 01:56 PM
Matriarch Doe!

Wow! Two very nice deer! Congratulations to you and your friend!
Old 12-07-2003, 03:19 PM

Wow, you own the land or leased and how many hunters....Oh good looking deer...
Old 12-07-2003, 07:09 PM

Congrats to both of you, 2 great bucks!!!
Old 12-08-2003, 07:46 AM

Whitetail was public land, Mulie was block mgmt. area. Saw very few hunters this year.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

That's one of the biggest whitetails I've ever seen - WOW! The mulie aint to bad either. Was this just a great year for you, or do you see bucks like that every year where you go? What part of the state were you in?

Quick Reply: Trophy Montana whitetail

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.