Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Trophy Montana whitetail

Old 12-08-2003, 09:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Trophy Montana whitetail

Man that whitetail is a horse!!!! Tell your friend congrats, and that is one fine mulie you took also.
Old 12-08-2003, 10:40 AM
Fork Horn

HOLY ANTLERS BATMAN!!!

Those are some unbelievable deer you have there, congrats to you both!!!
Old 12-08-2003, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice looking deer, Congrats!
Old 12-08-2003, 01:22 PM

my dad and i both use the lipton onion soup mix for burgers tastes great doesn't it!?
Old 12-08-2003, 03:50 PM

It was more like a really nice year for us. I've been going to MT since 86' and my friend since 80'. The first few years were exceptional, then in the 90's both mulie and whitetail herds were drastically hit by one thing or another. Blue tongue disease was a factor also. Last year and even more so this year deer herd populations are really coming back strong, (and good numbers of nice bucks as well). The Montana fish and game people have done an excellent job managing the comeback of deer populations through certain restrictions placed on mule deer hunt seasons and other factors. Plentiful spring rains have recently helped by providing adequate forage for the deer to stay healthy. I'd like to tell you exactly where but I just can't bring myself to share. Hope you understand. Thanks for all congrat's, most appreciated!
Old 12-08-2003, 03:54 PM

Yes, GBhunter, it most certainly does! I simmered some mulie chops for a few hours yesterday in the onion soup mix and it was unbelievably delicious. Serve with mashed potatos, gravy... well, you get the idea, nothing finer.
Old 12-08-2003, 05:41 PM

congrats to both of you there both some pretty awesome deer.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:37 AM

both great deer congrats
Old 12-09-2003, 12:24 PM

Both are awesome Bucks!. Congrats'!.

I wouldnt share the location either![:-]
Old 12-10-2003, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

Montana is a big state, I wasn't asking for an exact spot. Some thing more along the lines of eastern, north central, west , southwest, etc. Even if you told someone what county you were in they probably wouldn't be able to find you. How hard is it to draw an out of state tag, I was told it works out to be an every two to three year deal. This year I hunted with a guide, so I was able to get the guaranteed outfitter license, but next time I would like to try it on my own.

Quick Reply: Trophy Montana whitetail

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.