Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Caught trespassers...

Old 12-04-2003, 05:19 PM

Default Caught trespassers...

I was parked in a new spot today overlooking a great funnel and corner of a field. Suddenly I hear crashing and see movement which I first thought was a deer. Then I see a hunter walking down along the edge of the property. He comes onto the property and then I notice he has a buddy further up the hill. I waited until he was about 20 feet in to see where he was headed. He never even looked my direction. So I said "Hey!" an he says "hey". So I asked him if he lived around here and he says he lives over the hill and points to the far side of our property. So then I ask him "Don't you think you should ask permission before hunting here?" He says "I guess so". He then asks me if he can pass through. I asked him his name and where he lived again. I told him he could pass thru this time but that would be it.
I figured I would be nice to these guys this time but if I see them again I am calling the police. What burns me up about this is that these guys own hundreds of acres on the next ridge. I heard that they had gotten 5 deer (group of 5 hunters) so I guess they want to steal the deer from everyone elses property. I'll bet these are the same guys who left cigar wrappers on the property when they snuck thru last year.
Since they screwed up my evenings hunt I wonder how many other hunters were disturbed?
Why can't people ask permission? This is the second time we have caught trespassing hunters. Plus we caught one guy shooting from his truck on the road at bedded deer only about 25 yards from our chicken coop (75 yards from our house). That guy happened to be at the processors telling a whole different story in front of the game warden when we called. Wonder how much he was fined for?
I have no problem giving permission to a hunter if he asks and as long as we don't already have other people hunting the property. You can only fit so many hunters on one piece of land.
Sorry to ramble.... just venting some steam.......
Old 12-04-2003, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Caught trespassers...

This is a good place to vent about something that is important to all of us. You were as nice as anyone could reasonably expect you to be. Just be careful they don't take advantage of your good nature.
Old 12-04-2003, 06:00 PM

you were a whole heck of a lot nicer than i would have been if that happend to me.
Old 12-04-2003, 06:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

you were a whole heck of a lot nicer than i would have been if that happend to me.
Tell me about it! I would've called the GW as soon as I saw them. If someone's breaking the law, even if they don't know it (which it sounds like they did anyway), I'd call right away. Lol, call first, ask questions later.
Old 12-04-2003, 07:30 PM

[quote]So then I ask him "Don't you think you should ask permission before hunting here?" He says "I guess so". He then asks me if he can pass through. I asked him his name and where he lived again. I told him he could pass thru this time but that would be it. [/quote

I would have told them no,, and call your buddy over right now,, im not letting you do a drive across my property! because that in effect is what they just did,, they pushed youre property onto theyres!
Old 12-05-2003, 05:23 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-05-2003, 07:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

They wouldn't have been "passing through" much farther on my land!! Some people amaze me. They shoot up their own property and that's not enough for them. They have to go take deer off everyone elses land too. 0 tolerance call the GW.
Old 12-05-2003, 03:52 PM

ditto on how nice you were I'm sure I would have had a few words for the man.
At least he knows now so next time he can't play the dumb card.
Old 12-05-2003, 06:24 PM

last saturday i was out in my blind. after about 4 hours of freezing my ars off I heard a gun shot VERY close. about ten minutes later a guy walked up and asked me if he could drive his truck back in there to get his buck. I walked over to his deer and it was a deer I have been after for six weeks. No permission was given for him to be there. nor did I let him in with his truck. He shot without permission- now he had to drag for 1.5 miles because of it!!!
Old 12-05-2003, 09:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

That sucks! [:@]

Quick Reply: Caught trespassers...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.