HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Caught trespassers...
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2003, 05:19 PM
PAhunterJEN

Default Caught trespassers...

I was parked in a new spot today overlooking a great funnel and corner of a field. Suddenly I hear crashing and see movement which I first thought was a deer. Then I see a hunter walking down along the edge of the property. He comes onto the property and then I notice he has a buddy further up the hill. I waited until he was about 20 feet in to see where he was headed. He never even looked my direction. So I said "Hey!" an he says "hey". So I asked him if he lived around here and he says he lives over the hill and points to the far side of our property. So then I ask him "Don't you think you should ask permission before hunting here?" He says "I guess so". He then asks me if he can pass through. I asked him his name and where he lived again. I told him he could pass thru this time but that would be it.
I figured I would be nice to these guys this time but if I see them again I am calling the police. What burns me up about this is that these guys own hundreds of acres on the next ridge. I heard that they had gotten 5 deer (group of 5 hunters) so I guess they want to steal the deer from everyone elses property. I'll bet these are the same guys who left cigar wrappers on the property when they snuck thru last year.
Since they screwed up my evenings hunt I wonder how many other hunters were disturbed?
Why can't people ask permission? This is the second time we have caught trespassing hunters. Plus we caught one guy shooting from his truck on the road at bedded deer only about 25 yards from our chicken coop (75 yards from our house). That guy happened to be at the processors telling a whole different story in front of the game warden when we called. Wonder how much he was fined for?
I have no problem giving permission to a hunter if he asks and as long as we don't already have other people hunting the property. You can only fit so many hunters on one piece of land.
Sorry to ramble.... just venting some steam.......