Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

whadda ya think??

Old 12-02-2003, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default whadda ya think??

sunday at noon i went to check on stands from last year for the opener this coming monday and i jumped a buck in a unhunted point sticking out into a field. it is lower than the field and has a creek running through it. the buck was jumped at 1:30 on sunday. come october 8th, i am going to try to jump him again and get a shot. here is my game plan:

get hunting spot at 5:15
hunt till 8 am
drive deer at 9 on unhunted property with pals
try to jump this buck at 1:30
hunt from 2:30 on till dark

thats opening day plan.

The question is: do you think this buck will be in this point again?? it is only 20 yards by 100 yards. it isnt too thick, but i walked within 15 yards on sunday before he jumped up. he ran maybe 30 yards and stopped and looked back. i remained motionless and watched. he is only about 40 yards at this point. he eventually flicked his tail and trotted off. do you think that he will be here b/c it is safe and unhunted or do you think that he will be somewhere else since hunters will be everywhere??? in my eight years of hunting, i have never dared step foot in a deers bed (although i know the advantages) but feel that this buck is just toooo big to pass up. do you think that since i bumped him once, he will be gone for a while??? any help or insight would be great. thanx
Old 12-02-2003, 06:31 PM

Default RE: whadda ya think??

No promises, but I'd look for him to be there again, especialy if you didn't spook him to bad
Old 12-02-2003, 08:18 PM

Might be there. Durring rifle, I always look for deer in the bed room. Its the best place to find them, and they usually come back. so what if they don't.
Old 12-02-2003, 08:38 PM

if hes not in his bed then he should be near by