Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

New P&Y World Record

Old 12-02-2003, 12:40 PM

Default New P&Y World Record

Anybody know anything about it, supposedly kill in Canada not far from where milo killed his deer and it is scoring 206, any truth to this?
Old 12-02-2003, 12:46 PM

Default RE: New P&Y World Record

Nope. Not a word, but of course I am off the west coast of africa right now and communications are a little shotty.
Old 12-02-2003, 03:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes it is true a young bowhunter took the potential new World Record Typical in the Big River/Debden area of Saskatchewan; green gross - 212 and green net is 206 which should eclipse the current #1 Bow Typical (P&Y). However this isn't really close to where Milo shot his, it is about 200 miles North East of Bigger, Saskatchewan(where Milo took the current B&C #1 Typical). The news of this kill spread quickly but the details other than the score are very limited, I just heard Jim Shockey and Big Buck Magazine has the first printable story and pics - I also heard they are going to try & have it in the next edition of Big Buck - now this is just the newest rumor, however I know Jim went up and got the story from the successful hunter so there may some truth to it!!!
Old 12-03-2003, 07:31 AM

thanks for the reply
Old 12-03-2003, 12:46 PM
Banned

Here we go again. Just once I'd like to see someone shut the hell up when it comes to announcing a WR until it has actually been verified as such. Do you people have any idea how many "pending" world records are out there? It's getting ridiculous. It seems anyone that has taken a large buck seems to think it's a pending something or other. As of now there are several typical "pending WR's" from Saskatchewan, Alberta, Kentucky and Wisconsin. There are also a couple of non-typicals out there being touted as World Records as well, most significantly the Albia buck. And I've got news for you regarding the Albia buck. Apparently the rack of 2003 from this great non-typical pales in comparison to previous years and will not break any records. It's still a great looking rack but it is a far cry from previous years. It's still a basic 8 pointer, but much mass has been loss and there a fewer scorable points. The Albia buck will probably only score in the 250-260 range, so it doesn't look like there will be any record titles for the youngster who shot it in the future. I'm not going to get into the amount of claims regarding state and provincial records that will never bear out. Ever since Zaft milked his "pending WR" for over a year seems like everyone thinks they have a right to that title. Now correct me if I'm wrong but Zaft's deer only scored 172 and change...... seems to me that's significantly lower the WR tally. And whre is he now? lol
Old 12-03-2003, 01:19 PM

I can't wait to see more on this. I am excited for anybody who takes a good buck. World Record or not.
Old 12-03-2003, 01:20 PM

Come on, White-Raven, tell us what you really think.

Testy, Testy.