Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 NEW WORLD RECORD!!! >

NEW WORLD RECORD!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NEW WORLD RECORD!!!

Old 11-29-2003, 05:47 PM

Default NEW WORLD RECORD!!!

I haven' t got any of the details or pics yet....I did talk briefly with the lucky hunters Uncle.

The buck was taken in the area of Debden, Saskatchewan.(approx 150 miles north of where Milo Hansen shot his B&C Record whitetail). The buck was taken with a bow(that is over 65% let-off) so with the NEW P&Y rules it should qualify as the World record following the waiting period and final approval.

The gross score was 212 with a deduction of 6 for a score of 206 typical points.

When I get any more info I will pass it on.
Old 11-29-2003, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NEW WORLD RECORD!!!

Can`t wait to hear more! Keep us updated!
Old 11-29-2003, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Could it be true!! that sure would be sweet for the world record to be harvested with a bow. I wasn' t to happy to hear a gun hunter with this albia buck beating out the bow kill beatty buck. We may have lost that one but maybe just maybe we will be reclaiming a top spot!
Old 11-29-2003, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

If accurate, that buck would be an archery world record only. The Milo Hanson buck comes in at 213 and change for the # 1 typical.

Archerys # 1 is the Mel Johnson buck. He comes in at 204 4/8" .
Old 11-29-2003, 06:56 PM

It will be judged by the P&Y panel and come in at 180ish
Old 11-29-2003, 07:44 PM

When I stated that it was the new record it was meant that it WAS for archery as this was posted in the " bowhunting forum" .

There is no proof yet that it will indeed score 206 and I don' t know who did the scoring.

It will be an interesting wait and see what happens.....

Lets just hope that the harvest was legit and that he immediatley recovered his deer so that we do not have a repeat of what happened last year with the Zaft buck.

I also hope that he doesn' t treat it as " I just won the lottery" and start pushing a bunch of gear as a BIG promotional " money grab" ....
Old 11-29-2003, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

corey, I hope if this is true that everything is legit too. As much as I love the mel johnson buck, I love to see records topped more!

Please keep us updated!
Old 11-30-2003, 06:30 AM
Typical Buck

I also hope that he doesn' t treat it as " I just won the lottery" and start pushing a bunch of gear as a BIG promotional " money grab" ....

Why not? if it is legit why not make the money, if he didn' t someone else would. Is it actually wrong to profit off of something you have done,worked for or not? No one gets hurt by the profits he may make? It is not illegal. If I were him...... I would be a deer head tote' n gear and media whore.....

If someone does something that most do not (a record book buck, world record) why should they not get the all that goes with it. Heck, Jackie Bushman and others get to harvest monsterous deer on your dime or mine, This guy may be just like you or me, an average hunter, although I don' t know any details on this person.

I remember reading about Mike Beatty when he first took his buck and thought he was a just a regular guy and regular hunter. I liked that.
Old 11-30-2003, 06:34 AM

BenfromVa,

All I meant to say is that I hope this doesn' t go to his head and make him think he' w now the world' s greatest hunter...
Old 11-30-2003, 08:53 AM

so with the NEW P&Y rules it should qualify as the World record following the waiting period and final approval.
World record with an * next to it

Quick Reply: NEW WORLD RECORD!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.