Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

This guy is not a hunter!!!!

Old 12-01-2003, 08:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default This guy is not a hunter!!!!

Actually in my book he is a whole lot better than any hunter here!!! I was watching I beleive the Discovery channel and they covered this African Bushman who killed a BIG antelope with a spear, but here is where I am sure the anti drivers would say he is a poacher and a scum bag, this man ran this antelope for 8 straight hours on foot, he pushed this antelope until it collapsed from exhaustion and then finished him with the spear. The first thing the man did after the kill was an intricate ceremony insuring that the antelopes spirit knew that its life was respected by the hunter, of course then again he was " pushing/driving" the antelope so I guess he wasn' t a hunter! []
Old 12-01-2003, 08:35 AM

Default RE: This guy is not a hunter!!!!

All the respect for him, you said six miles chasing an antelope, that is amazing, sounds like this thread could start controversy, i would love to see it those guys are real hunters we dont realize how easy we have it over here
Old 12-01-2003, 08:51 AM

I missed that one but anyone that can run that far let alone being able to track that fast deserves all the respect in the world. Gee I wonder if he was setting in a stand waiting for it to come by before he decided to chase it lol.
Old 12-01-2003, 09:31 AM

Ya mean he used a spear?[] Sort of seems unfair to the animal doesn' t it? This guy is giving hunters a bad name with such UNETHICAL practices!!!
Old 12-01-2003, 09:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have to say the silence from the high horse crowd is deafening in this thread!![>:]
Old 12-01-2003, 09:44 AM

i wonder if he had a hunting license and filled his tag out right or did he stab him with a spear in the right spot, heart, lung or maybe he got a double lung HMMMM.
Old 12-01-2003, 09:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds more like still hunting/stalking to me.
Old 12-01-2003, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rem7400

Ya mean he used a spear?[] Sort of seems unfair to the animal doesn' t it? This guy is giving hunters a bad name with such UNETHICAL practices!!!
I really hope you were kidding.

Unethical? What do you mean unethical? Running an animal down to exhaustion and spearing it to death is unethical? Wouldn' t you say that is the ultimate form of hunting? Look at what could have killed that animal if he hadn' t - only difference being a cat' s jaws around its throat. I' d be willing to bet that the anit' s would even agree to the " fair chase" of this hunt.

I obviously see no problem here. If you can run one of the world' s fastest critters down and kill it, more power to you. THAT is hunting.
Old 12-01-2003, 09:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

stalk an animal for 8 hours and kill it with a spear. That' s pretty dam good to me. And with nobody else chasing him back to the guy to boot? wow!!
Old 12-01-2003, 09:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Still hunting? The guy was running.lol

NYBOWhunter, What part of the state you from?

Quick Reply: This guy is not a hunter!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.