Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Texas hill country ATYP 10 pt

Old 11-29-2003, 09:12 AM

Default Texas hill country ATYP 10 pt

I saw this bad boy on Wed.ight when out hunting with my 6 year old. itr had been a slow afternoon with almost no movment. Then at almost last light a small young thing walks out in front of me. While scoping him out to determine sex, and if I really wanted to shot this goat sized youngster I hear a noise of to my right, down wind. I turn and see this buck lookin right at me not 20 yards away. I couldn' t move, so we stared at each other for a bit then he turned and left. That was the end on wed. night. The for Turkey day all the boy and their families cam out to the ranch 11 people, Ugh.

The first boys arrived Thursday just before dark. The boys 12 and 14 walked over to one of the blinds for a look and saw 2 pigs at the feeder, got em both. One at about 60 and the other at about 100. I arrived about an hour later and started quietly working to get my boys into the blind where we saw the buck.

It worked. Friday morning was a brisk 23 and I thought my 11 year old was gonna feeze solid by the time we finished and sat. am. real quite morning one small doe maybe 60 lbs.

The afternoon hunt was the mall boys turn. 59deg slight wind, not too bad wind was ina favorable direction. We the boy falls asleep straight away after playing with all the others all night long. Had to wake him, pinch his nose etc. about 5 times. This boy can snore. At 5:30 we see our first doe, a drive buy on the out fringes. right behind her a nice young 6 pt. 5 minutes later a young 8pt. also walks past, he pretty much went all the way around the blind and feeder before I lost him. Gets quiet for a few then a tiny buck shows again and heads for the feeder. He stays about 10 minutes and leaves. Hoping I am not done just yet I start glassin a bit. The tiny buck comes back and stands at the edge of the clearing. Then he move out and the 8 pt. takes his spot behind him. 5 minutes then out comes this buck I saw on Wed. I waspretty excited about this boy. I wakeup the boy get him on my lap get the gun ready etc. and find him to be unable to stop shiverin. Not wantin to miss this boy, we agreed dad would shoot this guy and use my second buck tag for the season. Double lung went about 30 yards and folded.

The boy helped me track him.

Old 11-29-2003, 09:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Texas hill country ATYP 10 pt

Congratulations! That' s one nice looking buck!

Matt
Old 11-29-2003, 09:35 AM

congrats nice looking buck, your son also looks excited!!
Old 11-29-2003, 10:41 AM

CONGRATS, real nice buck
Old 11-29-2003, 02:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Great buck! You' ve got a heck of a son there.
Old 11-29-2003, 03:05 PM

Awesome buck!
Old 11-29-2003, 07:44 PM

Nice Buck.
Old 11-29-2003, 09:57 PM
Spike

Georgetownboys, seeing your son with that good buck sure looks good. Congrats. I' m sure you feel the same way as any proud father would to have their son' s hunt with them.