Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Trespasser

Old 11-23-2003, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Trespasser

I went to my property this evening and busted a guy who had driven about
1000 feet into my property and parked his car. I pulled up next to his car
and saw him just 40 yds. away on the edge a a field. To make a long story
short, he said he thought he was on the adjoining (sp?) land. BS!!!!

I didnt want to look like a prick, but now I am gonna hang some signs
around the property.[:@]
Old 11-23-2003, 09:02 PM

Not that I would advocate shooting " at" somebody a friendly shot across the bow may be in order. Well that' s not true either, just adds fire to an already volatile situation. But it would be darn tempting if I felt that the trespasser was really poaching. Last year was walking along a road on the property after dark back to the truck when I heard a noise. Flashed the light and got a flash in return. Thought it was someone in our party but found out later noone was in that area (deep in a 2500 acre lease). Kind of spooky as you never know the other guys intentions.
Old 11-24-2003, 12:05 AM

If someone comes on your land and you have no NO Trespassing signs can they get into trouble?
Old 11-24-2003, 04:18 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmmm how about tying a rabid skunk up on teh seat of the treestand!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brampton Mike [8D]
Old 11-24-2003, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

xXx, yes, trespassing is trespassing regardless of posting signs, however, to get anything to stick, from a legal standpoint, you' ve got to post it clearly EVERYWHERE, I' ve been told that it' s best to post so that wherever you walk up on a place, you see two signs,i.e. one off to the right and one off to the left, then purple paint EVERYTHING. (purple paint here in KS means written permission only.)
Old 11-24-2003, 10:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

If you can find where they are driving around a gate, find a tree root and drive a few 6 penny nails along it and cut off the head.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:48 AM

Seriously, call your Conservation officer or Sheriff' s dept. Most people who trespass know they are and you catching them and telling them to stay out won' t keep them from doing it again. I ran into this earlier in bow season where a trespasser shot my neighbor' s dog. We (Conservation, local police and I) staked out my woods for two weekend' s and caught the guy. I filed charges for trespassing and they also got him for cruelity to animals. They took his bow, revoked his hunting license and fined him and that was just for the trespassing. I hate people who go on someone else' s property without permission. I work hard for what I own and you better not be hunting my land without my permission. I have no problems with people coming on my place to find a wounded deer, but I prefer they let me know first.

I would call!!!!!!!

Old 11-24-2003, 11:46 AM

My buddy and I found a fellow on our hunting land a few years ago. The guy had a lockon stand setup about 30 high with screw-in treesteps on a big oak tree.
I asked the guy if he had permission to hunt here. He said " no" he didnt have permission. I climbed up the tree until I just about reached his stand and started unscrewing the tree steps. This guy was cussing me up and down. After removing the steps I layed them at the base of the tree and my buddy and I walked over to the landowners house and called the GW.
An hour later the game warden shows up. When we walked out to where the trespasser was the man was still sitting in the tree. He was charged with trespassing with a firearm, (A felony). That is, after I screwed in the steps so he could climb down.[:-]
Old 11-25-2003, 08:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Benhuntin is my idol-you ROCK dude! I love it!

But I wouldn' t have been so prompt to get the law out there. I would have left him up the tree until well after dark. It would be a good lesson for him. And it would be great to get him to the point where he' s crying out for a rescue. Then call the law and just tell them to follow the yelling. Ha! Ha! Ha!

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 11-26-2003, 08:27 AM
Dominant Buck

I don' t currently own enough land to hunt on , but if I ever do any tresspasser I catch up one of my trees will be faced with a choice . Face the CO , or stay in the tree for 48 hours with nothing but a gallon of water and a loaf of bread . The Rottweiler that I' ll have by then will ensure compliance if he chooses #2 . Naturally I' ll have to confiscate his weapon , for safety reasons ... [>:]

Quick Reply: Trespasser

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.