Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic >

Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic

Old 11-22-2003, 02:31 PM

Default RE: Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic

I would definately shoot and be very proud of it, and a body mount lying in the grass would be my choice. I would like to know if anybody ever heard that if you kill an albino that it is bad luck and you will die within 7 years? Well my brother-in-law shot an albino turkey and passed away 3 years later at the age of 34; and he also got a full body mount.
Old 11-22-2003, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don' t have a problem with him taking it, but it would have been nice to let it go for others to enjoy. It did have a nice rack.
Old 11-22-2003, 02:35 PM
Spike

Goodguy, I would never condone breaking game laws, but if it is legal to take a white deer I would do so. I do not, however, believe that a white deer (in northern areas) are at all that huge of a disadvantage. Fully 1/2 of the year in Central/Northern Ontario the ground is covered with snow. Perhaps this is why snowshoe hares turn white during winter months. As you know deer face predetation from many animals, and I hesitate to believe that the 2-4 weeks that they are hunted by humans is the only time that they rely on natural camoflage. I hunt in unit 49, and although it' s only been for the past 18 years or so, I would estimate that we have snow on opening day approximately 1/3 of the time. Certainly, if the individual that killed this albino buck has violated any game laws, then he should be brought to justice. I do not believe that it is fair, however, to condemn someone for thinking of animals as food. Beautiful, and worthy of the utmost respect, but white hair or brown, deer are still food.
Old 11-22-2003, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK,what if he shot it while there was snow on the ground would that make it OK?!?I' d drop it in a heart beat.Did you notice the rack?
Old 11-22-2003, 07:57 PM

if illeagl then i agree-he should get busted-BUT still a nice looking deer, not that it makes it rite to take it illegally.
Old 11-22-2003, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is a quote from the Illinois Digest Of Hunting And Trapping Regulations 2003-2004.

ILLINOIS STATEWIDE DEER HUNTING iNFORMATION
PAGE 10.

" White Deer Protected "
IT IS UNLAWFUL to take any all white- Whitetailed deer at anytime.

So if this deer was taken by a hunter engaged in the act of hunting in the state of Illinois is was taken ILLEGALLY, IF IT IS A ALL WHITE DEER OR A ALBINO WHITETAILED DEER.

Old 11-23-2003, 03:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

mathews2003--I hope you' re wrong about the 7 years ' cause I got that buck 4 or 5 years ago.
Old 11-23-2003, 04:32 AM

So what do we shoot whenever it snows? Then in theory it would be unethical to shoot any deer that was not piebald or albino.
Old 11-23-2003, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

One thing I think we need to make clear here,if it' s illeagle to shoot albinos in your state,don' t.In my state regs white or albino deer are not even mentioned.So as stated befor I' d shoot away!!Great mount.
Old 11-23-2003, 06:25 AM

oh forgot to mention i have taken a piebald before here is the picture
sorry for the finger in it lol

Quick Reply: Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.