Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic >

Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic

Old 11-21-2003, 02:47 PM

Default Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic

This buck was killed near Nascote, Il. I don' t personally know the killer as the picture was sent to me by a friend of his. I have colored out the face because I don' t feel his personal identity is important.

What I think is important here is the moral and ethical aspect of killing this deer and it appalls me. This buck' s lack of color would make him a very easy target in the dark colored foliage which normally provides deer with some cover & camoflage. Secondly albino deer are rare and for this reason alone I think they should not be killed. I' ve read articles where local hunters have known for years of the existance of an albino and it was just understood that no one would hunt it.

White Albino moose have been seen and photographed near where I moose hunt and no one would ever think about killing one. If someone did shoot one I' m sure the locals would have a lynching.

What is your opinion, agree or disagree? I am told this guy is going to have the buck fully mounted as a trophy - personally I' d be ashamed. What do you think, am I off base here?

To see a full sized clear photo go to www.whitedeer.funtigo.com

Old 11-21-2003, 03:03 PM
Spike

Default RE: Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with killing a white deer. If the deer is a true albino, then it is a " genetic deformity" and needs to be taken out of the herd. To me killing an albino or piebald would be just as excitiing as killing a B&C buck.
Old 11-21-2003, 03:04 PM

ok im not sure if i would shoot this animal or not. but i would not cut down another hunter for doing so just give him a pat on the back and tell him congrats. we hunters must stick together just my 2 cents.......enjoy and be safe
Old 11-21-2003, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry,but I see nothing wrong with taking out an albino(where legal of course-and I don' t understand why some states protect these).They' re genetic defects and should be culled from the herd.Also,what differance would it have made if this deer was in snow country-it would' ve had the advantage and the grey-coated deer would' ve stood out.Personally,I' d be ecstatic to take a fine animal as this and won' t condemn another hunter for doing so.JMHO
Old 11-21-2003, 03:08 PM

Congrats to the hunter,spectacular trophy.I' d also have it mounted, the hunter took advantage of a " once in a lifetime" chance and made the best of it.
Why would you consider an albino as sacred? just a weakness in the gene pool as I see it.
Old 11-21-2003, 03:10 PM

I think its against the law to kill an albino here in WA. But where it is legal I see no problem with it. Its still a deer. Why not make it illegal to kill anything above 190 B&C? They aren' t all that common either.
Old 11-21-2003, 03:23 PM

There was an albino buck that got hit by a car up in Wisconsin a couple of weeks ago. Not far from my house.
Old 11-21-2003, 03:36 PM

I dont see a problem with it either.. if they make it illegal then sure it would have a problem with it.. like someone said it is a genetic mishap
Old 11-21-2003, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

I' d shoot it ... and I would get a full body mount.
Old 11-21-2003, 03:44 PM

Goodguy,
Edited out, Flaming Any hunter who would harvest a whitetail that has a brown coat, should feel just fine about harvesting one with a white coat. If you are a hunter, why in the heck should the color of a deer' s coat influence your decision as to whether or not you should kill it? (Unless it is against the law in your state). Albino deer quite often have inferior genetics and as OldLineWalker said, they should be taken from the herd.
I have seen deer with coats that are darker than normal. Does that mean you shouldn' t kill THEM because THEY TOO are exceptional? I just don' t get your reasoning behind this edited post. A brown deer is a deer. A black deer is a deer. And a white deer is a deer. They' re all deer!
Gosh, get a grip![:@]

Quick Reply: Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.