Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic >

Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic

Old 11-23-2003, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic

Goodguy-

Up until my previous post- no one had mentioned that it is illegal to kill albino deer in the locale that this one was shot. We were all under the assumtion that it WAS LEGAL. The fact was finally shown AFTER my post. That said I do agree that it is OK for another person to critisize another hunter for an illegal act. At the point of my last post I was not aware that it was illegal where the deer was shot. I don' t live in Illinois so I don' t know what the laws are in that state. Now that the facts are known, I do also agree that this person should be prsoecuted. HE should have known what the laws are in his state. I read mine all the time, just to make sure that I don' t break the law.

And from your original post- with the pic in- it I will take a quote:

What I think is important here is the moral and ethical aspect of killing this deer and it appalls me.
and examine it

According to this YOU did not even know that killing an albino deer was illegal. You were concerned of the moral and ethical aspect of killing this animal. You did not even consider " if it was legal" or some form of that. The majority of the people that responded to that post did consider that fact. So don' t try to say that I was congratulating this person for taking an illegal deer. The post was started on other issues and I did mention that " if it is legal." I do have respect for people that don' t feel that taking a legal white/young/or otherwise controversial animal is ethically ok. I do also feel that these people should not publically post pictures of the people that do (take an animal that is at the time known to be legal) and publically critisize them! I have had convesations as to these issues, but no one has ever been publically critisized like your post did. If you would have simply posted a question as to the peoples' points of view and not posted a picture and not mentioned that it was killed in Illinois, then it would have been ok. No one would have brought up the fact that it was illegal in Illinois. People would have showed there views that " if it were legal" and then their own ethical point of view. No one would have been critisized for supporting someone that killed an animal illegaly.

As for " genetical screw up" - well lets examine it. The base word in genetical is " genes." " tecal" means relating to the genes. " screw up" means something that shouldn' t have been. This relates to animals that are abnormal. These could also be spikes, (because deer are supposed to have forking antlers even in their first year) and albinos and peibalds (sp?), among other abnormalities I' m sure. So what I am saying is that these animals aren' t normal and could be unhealthy for the game heard. Did I clarify that well enough for you? I hope so!

Now that the facts are known- NO I don' t feel that it is ok for animal to be illegaly shot even though it is a " genetical screw up." I am one person that is TOTALLY AGAINST POACHING and will turn anybody in for doing so. I have turned other people in for shooting at power poles and such but have never caught anybody poaching.

I hope this answered all of your questions

My apologies to other members for the long post
Old 11-23-2003, 02:45 PM

wrongway

The info I was given was that it was " killed in Illinois near the Nascote" . From the distribution on the e-mail I' m now thinking it was killed near Nascote Industries, Nashville, Il. I expect I' ll be able to resolve that on Monday when people are back to work.

hoyhunter

Varying opinion and discussion does not tear the hunting community apart. In fact it' s probably a healthy exercise because it causes us to think about our values and positions on things and issues. Surely you' ve read many threads on this board where opinions differed. There is presently another active thread on this forum about " baiting" where different opinions have been expressed. Is that too tearing the hunting community apart? Because we don' t all share exactly the same opinion on every aspect of hunting doesn' t mean we wouldn' t stand in solidarity against the antis.

I' ve certainly learned one thing from this exercise and that is that my opinion on shooting the white deer differs from most others - so I guess that puts me in left field and so be it. However, that doesn' t change how I feel about it. Should it? It' s an opinion based on my values, it' s not a right or wrong issue, is it?. Or should I jump on board with everyone else and be a follower just so I can be like the rest?

One thing for sure the topic sure garnered a lot of interest and discussion gg
Old 11-23-2003, 04:07 PM

charlie brown
touche' your right it was strictly a moral or ethical issue as posted and I was being facetious when I asked you the question but you did say " genecitcal screw up" not " genetical screw up" as in your last post which it appears now was probably just a typo.

A photo speaks a thousand words an if I had simply asked the question without the photo as you suggest I could not have expressed my point of view as suscinctly nor would it have generated nearly as much interest or discussion. And the photo had already been transmitted all over the net before I posted it here and with the face/identity clearly visible so I make no apologies for that.

I still think it' s unethical to kill this deer and the idea of doing so still appalls me and I' ve learned that most feel otherwise from having been beaten up pretty good on this one. I too would turn in a poacher in a heartbeat and as I indicated earlier if it turns out that indeed the deer was killed in Illinois I' ll send an unedited copy of the photo to D. of Nat. Res. if they don' t already have one by now. gg.

Old 11-23-2003, 06:23 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

Goodguy, I read your post and skipped all the other responses. Basicly I think your all wet. I woulid have sent one right thru his lungs. To use your logic, I really large buck with a trophy rack would be off limits because that large set of antlers makes it easier to see him and harder for him to ge thru the woods. And what about killing spike bucks or a young doe. It just doesn' t make sense. I' m not a trophy hunter, but I am a hunter. If I see a trophy while I' m hunting, l' m going to try to take it. since I read other peoples responses after mine.....I assumed it was legal to shoot that animal. If it' s not legal, it' s poaching.

David
Old 11-23-2003, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

i feel everyone has a right to their own opinion and goodguy, u have the right to voice ur opinion. it just happens that your in the minority thats all. that doesnt mean that your wrong. some people wouldnt shoot a buck unless it scores a certain amount of inches while others would be ecstatic over a spike. its all in the eye of the beholder. stick to your guns.
Old 11-23-2003, 10:38 PM
Typical Buck

Am I the only one who thinks this picture is an absolute fake?

1. There is no Nascote, Illinois.
2. The picture has obviously been altered at least once. (face)
3. There' s no blood anywhere on the deer, you had to get it out of the body cavity somehow, and you always wind up with blood on the hams. Especially with a bow kill, you' ll have some blood on both sides of the chest if it was a pass through.
4. Look right between the rear legs of the deer, it looks kind of blurry, a sign that the picture has been photoshopped.
5. I have a hard time believing that an albino deer would live long enough to grow antlers like that.
6. If you view the high resolution picture, the eyes look too dark. Albinos have bright pink eyes.

I ain' t buying it.
Old 11-24-2003, 05:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

I consider myself a very ethical hunter. I take pride in it. I don' t even think ethics is an issue here. Like many said it' s a once in a lifetime chance. I wouldn' t pass on him. Full body mount for me too. By the looks of things it looks like he survived for quite awhile whith his white coat!!
Old 11-24-2003, 06:24 AM

Well if it was legal the only thing I would have to worry about would be telling my wife we will now have a full body mount in the living room instead of just a couple of shoulder mounts.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:03 AM

Carpicon
Interesting deduction. Maybe the picture is a fake. I wonder if you have any idea how it would have been created. Anyone else think the photo is a fake? gg.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

I do not see what the problem is with harvesting tthis buck as long as it is legal. Those of you that are on your high horse need to get off of it and deal with your problems yourself without giving this hunter a hard time. Hunters get a bad reputation from Peta and other non-hunting organizations without getting flack from hunters as well.

My advice, get over it and drop it.
Matt

Quick Reply: Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.