Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Tips on dealing with people in your stand? >

Tips on dealing with people in your stand?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tips on dealing with people in your stand?

Old 11-18-2003, 07:19 PM

Default RE: Tips on dealing with people in your stand?

try to put thumb taks in the seat some how .that will get is butt.

go deep hunt hard.

Old 11-18-2003, 07:30 PM

get one of them paint ball grenades.get fishing string,put it threw the ring and setup it up where it will hit him in the face.makes sure he will try to trip the line to pull the paint ball pin it will spray paint.good luck.

go deep hunt hard.

Old 11-18-2003, 10:09 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-18-2003, 10:29 PM

thats a good way to do it Griz, id crap my pants and have a heartattack at the same time.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think that I would also like you prefer to avoid a face to face confrontation....Maybe try to start by removing the access way up to the stand ......remove the ladder or strap on steps or climbing sticks or screw in steps etc... whatever way you have it rigged up to access the stand.
I also whould make sure that your property is thourghly posted . Im not sure of how the law would work if the land is posted to release you from liability? But figure it couldnt hurt. I also would advise your local law inforcement and Conservation Police of the situation in the case of future dealing with this person or persons.... the more eyes watching the area the better .... Most cowards will run like cockroaches at the sight of light or approaching persons.
Let them know their are eyes watching.
But I still like the pulling the shotgun up the tow rope right in front of them idea... had a good laugh at that one[&:]
Old 11-19-2003, 04:15 AM
Who
Nontypical Buck

Fix up a alarm that will go off when its opened in the wrong manner. Fix ladder so you can remove steps up so far and then place them some where you can get to them when you come back.
Sign, " Warning Rattle Snake Inside" May not beleave it but I bet you they will look.
Game warden gets my #1 vote though
Rick
Old 11-19-2003, 05:35 AM

Never actually had anyone on my stand that I know of. My biggest problem is I do all the work and someone else kills the deer. I have multiple corn feeders on my private land and the property is loaded with deer (and everyone knows it). Due to the nature of my work I can ONLY hunt weekends. Others are hunting during the week right on our line killing every buck that comes off it. Last Thursday I guy was hunting about 75 yards from my stand/feeder and killed an wallhanger 8-pt with an 18" spread. He admitted it came off my property and that its stomach was full of corn! Within 30 yards of my stand the buck has a scrape and 6 rubs...I' ve worked my butt off for that deer and that SOB got it. I realize the guy was legal but that just really ticks me off.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:35 AM

who has the shotgun now did you keep it?
Old 11-19-2003, 07:33 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-19-2003, 10:35 AM
jec

Where i live, if the land is legally posted, you must have written permission on your person to hunt the land. If the land is not legally posted, which mine isn' t, you still must have verbal permission to hunt it. I have some signs up, but to be legally posted, they have to be placed every so many feet and purple paint up. I can' t take steps out. I built my stands like an ordinary ladder stand, except I made oversized floors, walls about halfway up, a door where you climb in the ladder and a plywood roof. I have chairs in them, which I took out so for someone to hunt it, they would have to sit on their knees.