Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

NC boy killed while huntin'

Old 11-16-2003, 12:18 PM

Default NC boy killed while huntin'

Any one know the story about the kid in NC who' s friend shot him while hunting last week?
Old 11-16-2003, 07:01 PM

Default RE: NC boy killed while huntin'

from what i heard on the radio it went like this.....

their were 3 kids (teenagers) who went hunting and one split off from them. i dont know how long after they had split, but go figure, one of the kids mistook him for a deer and shot. killed him right there in the woods i believe and then a few days later confessed. the family of the boy who was shot may press charges, but i' m not sure. also, none of them had licenses and i dont think they were wearing orange. they were breaking other laws too, but im not sure what they were. just basically way too experienced it seems like and too anxious to kill something. pretty sad story though.

another story that happened a month ago while duck hunting might interest you..not sure if you heard about it. here goes...

my dad was duck hunting on high rock lake, NC on opening day with a few young guys and at about 9:30 he had to go to a doctor' s appt. so he went back up to the truck where he ran into a some young kids he knows. well..they had also been hunitng the lake that morning and were swapping stories. my dad told them where some more ducks were down in a cove so the 3 of them went back in to hunt. well got on a few ducks and one of the boys shot one and the other ducks flew down the shore in the opposite direction. this kid went to retrieve his bird and the 2 others walked down the lake to have a shot at the others. on the way back from getting his duck some ducks came flying past the 2 guys, pretty low to the water and they shot at them.....well....the other guy was direcly across the cove in full camo and got shot all from about 80 yds with steel BBs. this kid' s face is destroyed....he was in intensive care for a while and had gotten hit with like 9 pellets or so. and the day after one of the kids who shot him was talking about suicide bc he felt so bad. that' s some crazy stuff and it all comes from young hunters jsut shootin the place up and anything that moves and not knowing where their partners are. pretty sad stuff, anyhow..thought that was a pretty relevant story.
Old 11-16-2003, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

Sad stories but it happens all the time.
Old 11-16-2003, 07:40 PM

Here in wisconsin, 2 kids r now missing after going out in a boat 15 and 16 to go duck hunting in 2-3 waves with the wind hitting 50 miles per hour. Dumb stuff, im a young hunter of 15 but i feel that i am a very responsible hunter
Old 11-16-2003, 09:33 PM

some storys are bs, some arnt!
Old 11-17-2003, 01:00 AM

sad!!!
Old 11-17-2003, 08:56 AM

The story about the 2 hunters from WI is true, far as I know, they only found a couple of decoys so far.---No boat, no bodies. It is a damn shame when the need to hunt and kill things is greater than safety.

Old 11-17-2003, 10:37 AM

sad stuff... goes to show you, you can never be to carefull
Old 11-17-2003, 11:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have to ask: where were the boys' parents during all of this? I think it' s great to share the joy of hunting with your children; but to allow them and their friends to run amok in the woods with deer rifles?

This is the first I' ve heard of this death, so please post a newspaper article link if you have one.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:51 PM

i found a few articles concerning the 2 missing teenage duck hunters in Wisconsin..

Gannett Wisconsin Newspapers..
http://www.wisinfo.com/thereporter/n...13184223.shtml

Oshkosh Northern....
http://www.wisinfo.com/northwestern/...13180409.shtml

Post-Cresent...
http://www.wisinfo.com/postcrescent/...13195186.shtml

Quick Reply: NC boy killed while huntin'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.