Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tinks or stinks?

Old 11-12-2003, 03:52 PM

Default Tinks or stinks?

I know this post has gone around a million times. Has anyone really had any luck with the doe estrus to lure in a buck?
Old 11-12-2003, 06:00 PM
Spike

Default RE: Tinks or stinks?

Hey BT, I know that there are as many opinions on this as there are hunters but I am a firm believer in using scents. Tinnks 69 is my favorite. I use a scent drag and a scent despencer on most of my setups. I also like to combine buck and doe urine at mock scrapes and rattling setups. I have killed no monsters but I have killed afew very respectable 8 pointers this way. Tony
Old 11-12-2003, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am on the other side of the debate...stinks. I have tried it and it did nothing, however that can be said of a number of lures/scents.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:11 PM

Tinks has worked for me on several occasions, for example I have seen deer actually follow me to the stand actually seeing the deer coming down the trail that I had walked on as I was climbing up the tree. It' s not a garuntee everytime, but I know from experience that it does work sometimes as an attractant to bucks. Good luck to you.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:29 PM

Thier sent bombs are pretty GOOD
Old 11-13-2003, 07:06 AM

I have had good and bad things happen to me when using Tinks or any other estrous lure. But yesturday when coming out of the woods I spooked a basket 8 pointer (non-shooter) that was sniffing where I poured Tinks on my boots early that morning. I normally dont put the Tinks on my boots but getting to this one stand requires walking up an overgrown logging road through the thicket I am hunting. I figure better tinks than me on the ground. Thanks for the replies.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:46 AM

I am a firm believer in scents, tinks is good, I use kiss scents. I have success with both. Mentioned above when rattling I use both estrus and buck scent.
Old 11-13-2003, 12:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have had mixed results with Tink' s in particular as well as mixed results with doe-in-heat lure in general. I have never had a buck walk right up to the scent dispenser though I have had quite a few come into the general area from downwind as if they were looking for something.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

All does have a 28 day cycle. Every scent maker collects this urine the whole 28 days. If yours was collected in the beginning or in the end, then its weak stuff. But if its during the middle of the cycle then its good stuff. Tinks, Code Blue & etc are all good scents.
Old 11-14-2003, 06:03 PM

There has been very few times that I have not seen deer while useing selected sents.

I like useing them. But, I have also had deer go to the base of a tree I took a leak on and smell it.

However, I suppose you dont need sents to harvest deer. But, I feel it enhances the hunt.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Tinks or stinks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.