Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Narrowed choice of scopes to 2 >

Narrowed choice of scopes to 2

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Narrowed choice of scopes to 2

Old 11-12-2003, 07:11 AM
jec

Default Narrowed choice of scopes to 2

Okay, I went by a gunshop and looked at scopes. I decided I could spend a little bit more since they will boresight it and mount it for free. Now I need to know which one. Like I said before, it will go on a .30.30 and about the longest shot I will get where I hunt will be around 50 yards. I' m using open sights now and we have a 3pt rule and it is hard to tell without a scope. The salesman at the shop were really pushing the Swift scope. I can get a Swift straight 4x for $95.00 where I can' t focus up or down, or Bushnell 3x9x40 for $89.00. Like I said, the salesman are really pushing the Swift and with the Swift lifetime warranty, you just bring it to the gunshop and they fix or replace it, where the Bushnell has to be mailed off. The shop has Swift signs and logo stuff all over the store so I don' t know if they get more of a cut or something selling the Swift or if the Swift is really the better scope??????
Old 11-12-2003, 07:21 AM

Default RE: Narrowed choice of scopes to 2

what is the mm. on the swift is it over 40, if not buy the bushnell the store wants you to buy the swift because they will make more off it
Old 11-12-2003, 07:29 AM
jec

I can' t remember. I looked at so many different scopes and they were about to close. I brought my gun to work with me today and am going to take off a little early and look over the scopes again and have it mounted and boresighted. The .30.30 I have with a scope is about 40 years old, and I think the scope on it now is at least that old. Its a Simmons, but it fogs up and to adjust it, it doesn' t even click. Once you get it on, after a few shots its off again. I had a couple of other people look it over and shoot it and they all said, " go get you a scope."
Old 11-12-2003, 07:30 AM

go with the bushnell
Old 11-12-2003, 07:40 AM
jec

I' ve been into bowhunting for about 10 years and seem to get more and more into hunting every year. I used a rifle for the first time last year(with open sites) and took a nice 6 pt. and I am now hooked on rifles. But honestly, I haven' t heard of Swift before?
Old 11-12-2003, 07:51 AM

Funny you should mention this. I have a .30-30 I bought at a gun show a couple of years ago, but only got around to sighting it in yesterday. It has a fixed 4x Bushnell scope. The scope picture was OK, but not great, at 50 yards. It was the next best thing to useless at 100 yards. As I sat there, I was wishing that I had a nice 3x9 scope, so I guess you know what my advice is! Let us know what you buy and how it turns out for you.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve had a swift 4x that was about 10 years old and it had the worse optics I' ve ever seen. I' d go with the bushnell.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:51 AM

Go with the bushnell, good luck.
Old 11-12-2003, 10:16 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-12-2003, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

" Its a Simmons, but it fogs up and to adjust it, it doesn' t even click. "

Just wanted to mention that from your post it seems that you think all scope adjustments should click and if they don' t there is something wrong. I have a few scopes that have straight friction adjustments and they do not click when i adjust them, they are silent and smooth and there is NOTHING wrong with them, they work perfectly. Just wanted you to know that while some do make a clicking sounds and feel, some don' t and its all normal and one is not better then the other as far as performance is concerned.(at least from my experience). Take care.

Quick Reply: Narrowed choice of scopes to 2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.