Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
I got a nice buck this morning >

I got a nice buck this morning

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I got a nice buck this morning

Old 12-09-2022, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

Ain't that how it goes though lol?

Last day for PA rifle tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have a picture to share.
Old 12-10-2022, 09:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Bocajnala

Ain't that how it goes though lol?

Last day for PA rifle tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have a picture to share.
Yes it is.

I hope that you had some good luck today..
Old 12-10-2022, 02:51 PM
Dominant Buck

I butchered my ml doe a couple days ago and then made 10 packages of maple breakfast sausage, 10 packages of hot breakfast sausage and 5 packages of sweet Italian sausage in addition to all the normal steaks. I had some grind left over and made 3 three pound casings of jalapeño summer sausage. All came out great. My 6 point rifle buck yielded all the normal steaks and about 25 pounds of burger. Should be good for a year.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 12-10-2022 at 03:04 PM.
Old 12-10-2022, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
I butchered my ml doe a couple days ago and then made 10 packages of maple breakfast sausage, 10 packages of hot breakfast sausage and 5 packages of sweet Italian sausage in addition to all the normal steaks. I had some grind left over and made 3 three pound casings of jalapeño summer sausage. All came out great. My 6 point rifle buck yielded all the normal steaks and about 25 pounds of burger. Should be good for a year.
That's what it's all about CI!

No luck today.

Ohio late gun season next weekend.

Then Ohio muzzleloader in January
Old 12-11-2022, 01:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

You folks all have some long deer hunting seasons! Ours officially ended yesterday. I shot that buck during the last week of our muzzle loader season. So I was cutting it close. But, it all came together! Hopefully you will have some of that same kind of luck Jake. Good luck!
Old 12-11-2022, 05:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Our ML season ends today and our long archery season ends on the 15th of December. Think it will turn out to be a decent season.
Old 12-11-2022, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
You folks all have some long deer hunting seasons! Ours officially ended yesterday. I shot that buck during the last week of our muzzle loader season. So I was cutting it close. But, it all came together! Hopefully you will have some of that same kind of luck Jake. Good luck!

Ohio is a great state to be an archery hunter.

Not as good as some for gun season though.

Archery is last week of September until first week of February with no interruption. Almost 5 months.

For gun seasons we have the full week after Thanksgiving. A Saturday and Sunday "late gun" season in mid December. And a four day muzzleloader season in January.

Plenty of opportunity to kill a deer.

PA is a little more complicated. But they have a two week gun season. I do my gun hunting mostly in PA and I used to archery hunt Ohio. Since having kids I really don't do too much with the bow anymore. But will get back into it as they get older.

Just wasn't fair to the wife for me to be taking evenings and weekends to go sit in the woods while she's at home juggling kids.... when it's pretty easy to tag doe at least during a couple days of gun season.

But as the kids are getting older and start hunting themselves I'll be back into archery

-Jake
Old 12-11-2022, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow Phil, that’s a great buck! Congratulations
Old 12-11-2022, 10:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Rob in VT
Wow Phil, that’s a great buck! Congratulations
Thank you..
Old 12-11-2022, 10:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Jake our archery season runs a full month. Then its the same for rifle season. Now muzzle loader hunting is two weeks with some zones only one week. I shot my buck in the two week zone after hunting in a one week zone. All zones start at the same time and I was figuring roughly two half day hunts. But cut it short when I got my buck..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.