HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I got a nice buck this morning
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2022, 08:48 AM
Bocajnala
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
You folks all have some long deer hunting seasons! Ours officially ended yesterday. I shot that buck during the last week of our muzzle loader season. So I was cutting it close. But, it all came together! Hopefully you will have some of that same kind of luck Jake. Good luck!

Ohio is a great state to be an archery hunter.

Not as good as some for gun season though.

Archery is last week of September until first week of February with no interruption. Almost 5 months.

For gun seasons we have the full week after Thanksgiving. A Saturday and Sunday "late gun" season in mid December. And a four day muzzleloader season in January.

Plenty of opportunity to kill a deer.

PA is a little more complicated. But they have a two week gun season. I do my gun hunting mostly in PA and I used to archery hunt Ohio. Since having kids I really don't do too much with the bow anymore. But will get back into it as they get older.

Just wasn't fair to the wife for me to be taking evenings and weekends to go sit in the woods while she's at home juggling kids.... when it's pretty easy to tag doe at least during a couple days of gun season.

But as the kids are getting older and start hunting themselves I'll be back into archery

-Jake