Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Avoided the ""tag soup blues." >

Avoided the ""tag soup blues."

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Avoided the ""tag soup blues."

Old 12-13-2021, 02:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Avoided the ""tag soup blues."

A five pointer obliged himself with about 15 minutes of season left. An easy broadside shot from about 30 yards from my blind. .A lot of work after that, though. No blood trail, and a grid search for about two hours in the dark before I managed to locate him, then an uphill drag.

Meat for the freezer!

Last edited by Father Forkhorn; 12-13-2021 at 04:59 AM.
Old 12-13-2021, 03:27 AM
Dominant Buck

What a great way to end the season. Congratulations.
Old 12-13-2021, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator

Glad you got one FF.

-Jake
Old 12-13-2021, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks all, I got him properly stowed away for aging and cleaned things up. I did notice he's a seven pointer.
Old 12-13-2021, 11:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Shot my doe Friday morning and will butcher tomorrow. 4 days hanging in 30s and 40s weather with a cool breeze off the lake. Tendeloin were good so it should be a good eater.
Old 12-13-2021, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats FF!
Old 12-13-2021, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
Shot my doe Friday morning and will butcher tomorrow. 4 days hanging in 30s and 40s weather with a cool breeze off the lake. Tendeloin were good so it should be a good eater.
Sounds delicious. I'm cooking tenderloins for breakfast tomorrow. Steak and eggs!!
Old 12-13-2021, 03:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I still need a burger doe. Friday is the last day of school until the 2nd weekend in Jan. So I'll have plenty of time to look for a tasty doe or an eating sized buck.
Old 12-13-2021, 03:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations FF. I didn't know there were bucks that small in Kansas. All I ever see them shooting on TV are those big bruisers. LOL... Again, congrats on a nice buck and some good eating. I'm still waiting to put my tag on one. Maybe after Christmas.
Old 12-14-2021, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Congratulations FF. I didn't know there were bucks that small in Kansas. All I ever see them shooting on TV are those big bruisers. LOL... Again, congrats on a nice buck and some good eating. I'm still waiting to put my tag on one. Maybe after Christmas.
HaHa!
They do get huge around here. Earlier in the fall, I was at a block party and one of the locals invited me down into his basement and showed me about a half a dozen racks, all 150 minimum. All shot on his farm a few miles from here. He's not doing any kind of management or anything like that. Just planting his usual corn and soybeans.

My joke is deer in Kansas have a serious health issue: obesity! (our squirrels have the same problem).

Good luck filling your tag.