Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

new kentucky record?

Old 11-10-2003, 02:06 PM

Default new kentucky record?

I heard on Sunday that a new potential Kentucky state record buck was killed in Russell County. Anyone have details?
Old 11-12-2003, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: new kentucky record?

It is not a new record. It grosses around 199. It was killed by Ricky Roy. If you will go to www.kentuckyhunting.com and get of the forum there you can see a picture of it.
Old 11-20-2003, 06:49 AM

I know Ricky Roy and i was there when the deer was brought in, its a really nice buck. probably the biggest i have ever seen. good tine lenth and all but i havent heard anything about it being a state record. but none the less a really great deer. Little Indian. where are you from and do you know ricky. just wondering if you were around here.
Old 11-20-2003, 06:59 AM

Anthony i dont know if you remember me or not, im Tyler McGowan, its amazing who you will meet on here isnt it. do you get to see rickys deer. man its was amazing at the size of that rack wasnt it. i was at bp when he brought it in. it shook me just looking at it. well i just went to your profile and found out who you were so i just thought i would jump in and say hi. man its just wierd who you will meet in places isnt it. You got a deer yet. well see ya.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

Yea I remember you Tyler. These forums are pretty neat & informative. Kenny was finaly proved wrong that Russell Co couldn' t grow a B&C deer. Where do you go to college? Did your brother kill his deer at your grandma' s?
Old 11-21-2003, 11:30 AM

Anthony i go to morehead state university. and its good to here that kenny was proved wrong about something. haha wish i could have seen his face. he cracks me up. but anyway yeah travis got his deer down at grannys, its a pretty nice buck. it scored a 110 at bp so what do you think it would really score. dont they just do one circumfrance measurement. just wondering. well see ya sometime.
Old 11-26-2003, 12:41 PM
Fork Horn

Tyler, You can add 18 to 20 inches to it . OR take 3 more circm. measurements between the tines. On 8 pts the last measurement is half way out the main beam.