Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Why are so many deer out in the in the middle of the day? >

Why are so many deer out in the in the middle of the day?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Why are so many deer out in the in the middle of the day?

Old 07-30-2021, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
I live on a large island between upper ny state and vt. There are lots of deer and they are always in the farm fields at all hours of day and night. I had to fence in my veggie garden to keep them out.

I expect to see a successful archery thread from you then this fall! Lol.

-Jake
Old 07-30-2021, 05:03 PM
Dominant Buck

There are lots of hunters here on the island. The ag lands are very nutritious and the winters which are harsh here in Northern Vermont are minimized on the island due to the warming effect of the big lake before it freezes over. Deer have it made with few predictors other than a few coyotes and man. Bucks seldom grow past 3 years old so the average shooter is a 2 1/2 year old buck. Because the feed and weather are conducive to growing deer there are always plenty of deer that come into the herd each spring. I am a meat hunter and the deer I most always target is a big fat doe. My goal each year is 2 deer for the freezer.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 07-30-2021 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-01-2021, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

they have fawns in the spring, the fawns stay hid in tall fields and grown up fence rows, the does nurse them about every 2 hours while they are very young. they are out and about throughout the day doing what deer do!