Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 what should i expect under these conditions? >

what should i expect under these conditions?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what should i expect under these conditions?

Old 11-07-2003, 03:14 PM

Default what should i expect under these conditions?

Hey guys - tomorrow is openin day of modern gun season here and its raining and cold (47 degrees) and cloudy right now. tomorrow morning, it' s supposed to be 42 degrees - 52 degrees. it' s supposed to be cloudy in the morning and rainy in the afternoon.

based on these conditions, what should i expect as far as deer activity? will they be moving? should i call, or should i sit and watch? any help as far as what you would do would be appreciated more than you know
Old 11-07-2003, 04:56 PM

Default RE: what should i expect under these conditions?

Opening day I would find a good spot,and sit.If the weather is miserable you can bet there will be plenty of hunters moving.Got more than one that way.

JOE
Old 11-07-2003, 06:37 PM

Rain, snow, wind you name it. Yes, some factors slow deer movement but, deer will continue to move.

Your location is going to be Key! Near a food source, bedding area ect. Deer will still move back and forth. I will agree that due to the conditions you are mentioning this can inhibit the movement.

I hunt regardless I want to be out in the woods and I have seen and taken deer in some nasty condistions.

1. Watching the TV you will not let you get or see a deer
2. The rut is coming and in some parts started, a little sent and rattling can help move them too.

Good luck
Old 11-07-2003, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

the way me and dad hunt foul cold weather is great....we hunt in a big funnel...alot of deer are pushed out of the thickets and run right through our area...its a grown up thicket that we hunt..young trees and alot of boulders and downed trees dying now that the strong are the ones that survive as the forest matures...right out in all 4 sides are thickets and guys walking around coming in from the road ect push deer right by us.....it works for us....thats about the best way to hunt once theres good pressure on them....this is state game lands though not private land...100s of guys out there....it works for us....if you can find something like that youll see deer......good luck tomarow!!
Old 11-09-2003, 10:45 AM
Typical Buck

moving will be in and out, and you probable would see deer at times of
the day you normally wouldn' t. My advice to to hunt all day.