Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 weather conditions >

weather conditions

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

weather conditions

Old 06-22-2008, 11:08 PM

Default weather conditions

what kind of weather conditions can i look for in late oct in west central illinois
Old 06-23-2008, 01:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: weather conditions

late OCT....can vary.....snow is possible.....though more likely cool temps....30-50, could be very windy though which can make 30-50 feel really cold.

Rain probably more likely than snow, though rain/sleet more likely than snow, but I'd say plan for cool temps, with rain, and wind. Though I'd say usually its just cool and windy.

Heat wave also possible.....what ive noticed lately is early OCT may be warm, then cool down, then reheat then cool down finanlly by the end,

70's possibly in OCT.....so you may want to be prepared for that.....so if it is hot you have at least a lightweight option, rather than soaking in sweat....

Also even if its 50 and light breeze, if youre spending all day or hours and hours on stand, it will get cool, you may think leaving the truck that its hot...and it will be hot walking to that stand, like you dont even need a tshirt .....but once you stop moving and that sun starts to dip down, youll be wishing you had a sweater etc....

So don't expect snow, but 30-70 very likely possible with rain, or wind.

Old 06-23-2008, 04:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: weather conditions

I am not sure I would have put it that way but he is right, expect about anything, I have seen it hot and also seen it cold!! Walt