Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Home Remedies for Scent Control? >

Home Remedies for Scent Control?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Home Remedies for Scent Control?

Old 01-18-2020, 06:27 AM
Spike

Default Home Remedies for Scent Control?

Hi everyone,

I usually buy Insert Scent Killer Brand Name Field Spray, Laundry Detergent and Body Wash, but I've noticed this past season, especially with the colder days I'm hunting, that my skin is starting to dry out severely. I have sensitive skin, but until this year I wasn't hunting nearly as often, and I've noticed that anytime I use scent control products from the store it really bothers my skin. Does anyone have home remedies for laundry detergent, body wash/shower gel, and overall scent killing? I've heard a couple of people online say that baking soda and hydrogen peroxide seem to do the trick but I don't know if that's for just a field spray, for clothing to soak in, or to scrub my body with. I've also heard simply using unscented laundry detergent works as well.

Any tips, comments or suggestions would be great, my skin thanks you!

SMBowHunter97
Old 01-18-2020, 07:31 AM
Typical Buck

I have hunted deer for over 30 years (killing too many to count). 99% of the time I have hunted I had used my normal soap, shampoo, deodorant, etc. Just use what ever your skin likes the best.
Old 01-18-2020, 08:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by flyinlowe
I have hunted deer for over 30 years (killing too many to count). 99% of the time I have hunted I had used my normal soap, shampoo, deodorant, etc. Just use what ever your skin likes the best.
Same here. My hunting clothes go into my closet where there are only hunting clothes and my coats, hats and hunting trousers do not get washed. I cannot remember the last year I did not take at least one deer. When I still smoked cigarettes 9 our of 10 deer I killed was with a cigarette in my mouth. There is far too much craziness about scent control. The native Americans didn't bathe, they stunk to high heaven before the white man came to America. Their weapons were close up, home made bows and spears, yet they managed to kill deer.