Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Orange Vest rear pocket

Old 11-23-2019, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default Orange Vest rear pocket

Every hunting vest has that big rear pocket. Did anyone ever use it? It unzips, flaps down. I just can't imagine using it. I'm considering cutting it off !
Anyone find a valid use for it during deer season?

I'm not bird hunting...

Last edited by the blur; 11-23-2019 at 09:05 PM.
Old 11-24-2019, 12:22 AM
Typical Buck

i use mine to carry a lite lunch & or some toilet paper& maybe a drag rope
Old 11-24-2019, 02:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by the blur
Every hunting vest has that big rear pocket. Did anyone ever use it? It unzips, flaps down. I just can't imagine using it. I'm considering cutting it off !
Anyone find a valid use for it during deer season?

I'm not bird hunting...
It doesn't weight anything, one day you will wish you had it to carry something , or perhaps just drop it down to sit on a wet log or stump. It zips open so you can wash the blood out of the game bag.
Old 11-24-2019, 03:09 AM
Super Moderator

While small game hunting I carry plastic shopping bags, squirrel or rabbit goes in the bag, then into the game pouch.

Less blood in the vest that way.

For deer hunting I can pack what I need for the day in my vest and don't need a back pack. Water, snack, drag rope, binoculars, gloves, I've even put an extra hoodie in it, although that made the vest bulky and uncomfortable

-Jake
Old 11-24-2019, 07:13 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
It doesn't weight anything, one day you will wish you had it to carry something , or perhaps just drop it down to sit on a wet log or stump. It zips open so you can wash the blood out of the game bag.
I would keep it for just this reason. I hate a wet ass, and the H20 proof lining of those game pockets is just the ticket when sitting on an old log while hunting.
Old 11-24-2019, 07:46 PM
Typical Buck

I use it all the time to keep things in that I might need. A sandwich, candy bar, neck covering, extra gloves, baggie of things like cough drops, sinus meds and all sorts of items. Can be put to many uses. Would definitely keep it and think of items to put in it.