Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What does my Buck score

Old 11-18-2019, 07:26 AM
Spike

Default What does my Buck score

Wondering what a rough score for my Buck would be. I would have tried to score him myself but he's at the taxidermist already
Attached Thumbnails What does my Buck score-image.jpg  
Old 11-18-2019, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

You might be able to find a certified deer antler scorer near your neighborhood.

Anyways...nice buck you bagged there.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by edodd
Wondering what a rough score for my Buck would be. I would have tried to score him myself but he's at the taxidermist already
well first off congrats on a nice buck
your taxidermist should be able to score the buck for you real easy and or IF not, odds are he will cape out, and place them on the side and wait till he has a LOT of hides to send out and then wait on forms and hides to get back
MANY GOOD taxidermist will allow you take the antlers home to measure and just bring back soon, so he has when he needs them

NOW< a guess on my part is this is going to score in the 75-90 inch range
the short tines don't help much on score

but I highly suggest you don't get caught up in scores
hunting isn;'t about winning or numbers, its about enjoying what your doing, if your happy with it, that's ALL that is needed! and the heck with anyone else that doesn't like it!
if legal and this buck sure is and then some!
enjoy it!
going to look nice on your wall and a GOOD memory for life for you!
Old 11-18-2019, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

That's a sweet looking buck! I would have taken it without thinking twice. I love the split brow tines.

It won't score particularly well. There's not allot of mass, and not allot of length on your tines. I'm bad at guessing and putting a number on it. But once you get it measured let us know what you get.

Very nice buck!

-Jake
Old 11-18-2019, 01:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by edodd
As was already mentioned, don't get hung up on antler scores, who really cares? If taking that deer made you happy, and it should have it is a good buck, the judging a buck in inches crowd shouldn't even be in your thoughts. Congratulations on taking a nice buck and it will be the memories of taking that deer and that hunt with will give you pleasure when you reminisce in years to come.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:44 PM
Dominant Buck

I'll echo what a few of the guys have said. Very nice buck that I would love to have taken.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on a fine buck! I would guess slightly higher on the score, 110”. Regardless a nice buck.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:43 PM
Spike

Thanks for replying. I don't really care about the score, I was just curious where he was at

Last edited by edodd; 11-18-2019 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 11-18-2019, 05:29 PM
Spike

Congrats on a good buck ,I would guess 100 inch to 110 inch deer .
Old 11-21-2019, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Boone and Crockett website has a "plug and play" score sheet. My guess is 75" without deductions.

No matter. Your happiness is all that counts. And, your smile says it all !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.