Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Broadhead Recommendations

Old 10-07-2019, 10:58 AM
Spike

Default Broadhead Recommendations

I bought a Centerpoint Dagger 370 crossbow yesterday. I have bolts and fieldpoints, but am considering getting in the stand this weekend and have no idea which broadhead to use. After about a week of preliminary research, my head is spinning!
Any recommendations?

(bow is 370fps, and not sure that the grain weight of the stock bolts is)
Old 10-07-2019, 02:42 PM
Fork Horn

My vote is for QAD Exodus. Its a great fixed blade head that is tough as nails and leaves sum serious wound channels. Slick tricks are my second vote.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pick a reputable fixed blade, shoot it to confirm accuracy, go hunt. My preference is three blade Muzzys. Yep, if you try to figure out which one is "best", your head will spin.

I know little to nothing about bolts. However, the bolt will be (should be) spined according to your bow's poundage. A heavier broadhead will cause the bolt to bend more than will a lighter head. If your field points are flying well and are accurate, pick a broadhead that weighs the same.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:15 PM
Fork Horn

I have shot a fair number of deer with a crossbow using the same heads that I use in my vertical bow. Those heads are the Thunderhead 100 gr. 3 blade.