Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Solunar Tables??? do they really work >

Solunar Tables??? do they really work

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Solunar Tables??? do they really work

Old 11-04-2003, 10:09 PM

Default Solunar Tables??? do they really work

Has anyone really studied the use of Soluner Tables for hunting..Feeding times of fish and other wildlife according to the puill of the moon and the sun and all that. I started using them less than a 2 weeks ago....With wierd results. Ok maybe not wierd but very productive. I recieved a detailed schedule for my area I was hunting in...A buddy and myself both harvested two deer within 1 minute of each other and was right in the time line for minor movement or feeding periods. I shot a doe and he took a nice nine point.around 6:10pm...The next morning the hunting table said major feeding period at 8:47am, we had other commitments and was out of the feild early (about 8am) we had two deer to get into for processing, when we we loaded up to go to town we heard someone shoot... I laugh and ask my buddy what time it was? he said 9:30 just as the tables suggested for major activty..That afternoon it was so warm, we decided to fish, it was about 2:30 or so, I didn' t think we catch anything...but, wow we slade the fish and wild turkys was moving everywhere .so if u used them...let me know....or where these two days just lucky..example of a hunting table we used the two days we hunted.

2003 A. M. P. M. SUN TIMES MOON MOON
Oct Minor Major Minor Major Rise Sets Rises Sets Up Down
28 Tue 7:37 1:21 8:09 1:53 6:47 5:42 10:35a 8:18p 3:28p 2:56a
29 Wed 8:47 2:31 9:19 3:03 6:48 5:41 11:44a 9:18p 4:31p 4:00a
Old 11-04-2003, 10:23 PM

Default RE: Solunar Tables??? do they really work

I personally don' t put much faith in them. Even if there is some truth it dosen' t affectmre much since I try to hunt or fish whenever i have an opportunity regardless of the charts.
Old 11-05-2003, 05:16 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-05-2003, 05:48 AM

My GPS unit has a " hunt and fish time" function. For a particular date, it tells the best time to hunt and fish, and a couple of good times as well. One small problem - sometimes the best time to hunt is after sundown. I haven' t had a chance to try it yet, but I' ll probably check it when I' m hunting (though more out of curiousity than anything else).
Old 11-05-2003, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don' t have an answer and I hoestly could care less...When I have the time to hunt...I hunt! I am in the woods as often as possible and solunar tables, moon phases, most weather conditions etc., have no bearing on whether to hunt or not...
Old 11-05-2003, 08:20 AM

I hunt anytime I can. About all they do for me is motivate me to hunt longer when it shows the best time is the middle of the day. I try to hunt through those times. When I killed me deer with my bow this year, it was within minutes of the time on the table!! My brother really believes it. He swears he always sees activity during those times.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:34 AM

RTiny, Where did you find this table? I would like to study it as I am new and am learning all I can. As it is getting colder, I would like to see, tag and drag and keep moving rather than sitting. When it' s warmer, I didn' t mind sitting and watching. Thanks for the input.
Old 11-05-2003, 11:31 AM
Fork Horn

We used them in our club one year and had excellent results. Deer do move at the time they tell you with one exception. Weather plays an important role in deer movement too. If it is very windy or raining the deer just don' t move as much. The weather has to be right along with the sun and moon to use them sucessfully.
Old 11-05-2003, 02:10 PM

Cool, I to will hunt fishing anytime I can and take advantage of anytime I can get in the woods, like I said i was just wondering if anyone had follow these tables...As i see a few of you have and it seemed to work...

OK, the source for the tables I used is at this website.(below). I have no intrest in this site nor do I know anyone that works there...there' s a free download, that gives you detailed hunting from day to day, like i said it' s free. The only bad thing it is based on day to day huinting from midnight to midnight... The other is based
on a full year and they charge $10 bucks, paid in the honor system, they do the
tables and you mail them a check cash or whatever..I kinda liked that part.
OK, the source for the tables I used is at this website..

SOLUNAR SERVICES
1107 N. Morgan Street
Rushville, IN 46173
(765) 932-2431 (Sep-May)
(218) 750-7218 (Jun-Aug)
www.solunar.com