Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Solunar tables?

Old 11-02-2006, 08:51 PM

Default Solunar tables?

Do any of you guys and girls out there use the solunar tables, or the tables set up around moon position?? Ive heard some say its baloney and some that hunt strictly by it. I decided about a month ago to look it up an the internet, and printed off a chart for the month of October, and just for curiousity sake, I hunted my normal times, and didnt arrange my hunts at all around the table,, but did chack the table each day I hunted to see when the table said peak movement times were. I was pleasantly surprised that the majority of the deer I was seeing were within the window of the tables peak movement times, and some days it was like you flipped a switch, no sightings for maybe two hours on stand, and then see some deer, sometimes many. I have now went back and printed off the table for november, and so far, all the sightings in the last two days have been within the times listed. The times on the tables are about 2 hour blocks, one with moon overhead, and one with moon underfoot. Do you guys think this is coincidence, or is there something to it. I am on vacation, so I plan on hunting as much as possible for the next two weeks, and the table isnt going to dictate when I hunt at all, but Im going to continue to watch the table as for the times and see how accurate it continues to be. Whats everyones opinion?
Old 11-02-2006, 08:53 PM

Default RE: Solunar tables?

I also wanted to mention, that out of my three trail cameras, Ive also noticed a slight increase of pics taken within the times on the table, not so noticeable at night, but during the dayllight peak times, I do have a slight increase in pics.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I absolutely believe in them. I've been using the times from my GPS and can honestly say over the last 4-5 years that when it says that they shoul dbe moving, more often than not they are.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been paying attention to them/using them for the past 2 seasons. I think there is something to it, but it can be trumped by other factors, such as weather conditions. Also, from what I've seen, during the rut buck's behavior especially changes, and they're out cruising for does regardless of what the moon is doing. Having said that, I do tend to see more deer during the peak times than during non-peak times.