Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Heading to Georgia to hunt...... >

Heading to Georgia to hunt......

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Heading to Georgia to hunt......

Old 11-03-2003, 08:57 AM

Default Heading to Georgia to hunt......

this weekend. Anyone near the Wilkinson County area? I need a report on the rut post haste. Some of you near that area need to step up & take responsibility for your home territory. It is nothing short than your duty to report on rutting activity & I would expect more from you Georgians.

In other news, I was dead on with my UGA/UF analysis & prediction. Again, I DEMAND RESPECT from folks, this time in college football handicapping. Next Monday I will post a picture of the monster buck I am sure to harvest in Wilkinson County & do it again.

Hope many of you had a successful weekend in the woods. I did a little scouting & such. Found some big tracks on the family farm. Any other reports?
Old 11-03-2003, 09:15 AM

Default RE: Heading to Georgia to hunt......

only advice from a fellow georgian is to carry a AC unit to the deer stand very hot in GA. Florida sucks and are lucky, Good luck and Good Huntn,try not to pee on oneshotcharlies corn anymore
Old 11-03-2003, 04:15 PM

I would suggest forgetting about that county and go to Morgan county....I hear that' s where the big one' s are!
Old 11-03-2003, 05:04 PM

for real sweetwater! corn don' t grow on trees!
Old 11-04-2003, 07:08 AM

The rut report for Jasper County ( a little north and west of Wilkinson ) is short and sad....not much activity yet, too damn hot. This weekend should be better all over the state with the cool weather thats coming in. Ive seen some pretty decent rut sign, but very little daytime deer activity. I think the heat has them moving only during the cool of night.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:18 AM

Thanks Bull Camp Road. That is what I was looking for right there. Dependable info from a Georgian that is right on time. You are a worthy Georgia hunter.