Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Food plot

Old 09-06-2018, 08:31 PM
Spike

Default Food plot

milo or alfalfa? What’s your Take?
Old 09-07-2018, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

for deer? this would be a better able to answer question if we knew more about what other crops are in your area, as personally if there are large crops of either of these, I wouldn;t plant either one for a food plot!
IMO there are better plots that draw deer better in MOST Places in hunting season, and don't think either one really is high on a deers list as other things
and then there is again WHERE are you at< cold weather places in hunting season VS warm weather places in hunting season, deer seem to crave different things based on temps??
sorry not what you want as a simple answer, but again, no way to give you one answer without knowing more info on where your at and what all is in your area?? and then again, the other side, what are your goals to the food plot, you want to just feed deer, or hunt over the plot < two different things?
all crops have a time they appeal to things more than other times, so planting what works /draws them best at "X" time of yr, is in your control more or less more than ever!
I have over 3 decades of planting food plots experience here, so, know a little about em LOl