Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Same deer shot by two hunters

Old 12-08-2017, 07:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by mrbb
FLAGS< YES I know he used to be a be warden, and I have also known game wardens that broke the law too, after all they are only human, unless you think there NOT!
I am NOT trying to be anything but saying actual facts
The point is you clearly stated what happened was illegal. The warden on the forum said what the kid in his scenario did was not illegal. You immediately disagreed despite you never being a warden. I am well aware there are wardens that break laws, just like there are cops that break laws. But that is a different subject.

Telling OT that he knows nothing about game laws despite being a warden is like telling me I know nothing about the navy despite being a retired navy chief. It highlights your folly.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

well again MY view is my view, I do NOT fell I dug a hole, I gave honest example's of things that show how I and why I have my view , if you all wish to NOT see things ,
and just wish to keep saying same crap without hearing what I an showing?
well then so be it I could care less this is a silly subject
and Oltimr I have always been nice to you and wasn't trying to NO be here
we are ALL human and we can ALL make mistakes
just cause someone is at ANY job for a LONG time still doesn't mean they cannot make a mistake
and again I know for a FACT game wardens can make mistakes in PA
I been taken to court by them when I sold hunting lic's and they TRIED to tell me I sold them wrong, and when things went to court I won, due to the DIDN"T know there own rules
the JUDGE even told them to READ there rule book before taking folk's to court and wasting HIS time and the courts!
SO, Game wardens are NOT perfect

3 yrs ago I had one tell me he wasn't allowed to ASK hunters questions?
and added he was a 20 yr warden and KNEW more than me!

SO<human, we all are and some times WE all make mistakes
me included, but I stand by my view here 100%
Old 12-08-2017, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags
The point is you clearly stated what happened was illegal. The warden on the forum said what the kid in his scenario did was not illegal. You immediately disagreed despite you never being a warden. I am well aware there are wardens that break laws, just like there are cops that break laws. But that is a different subject.

Telling OT that he knows nothing about game laws despite being a warden is like telling me I know nothing about the navy despite being a retired navy chief. It highlights your folly.
well I never said OT didn;'t know the law
so NOT sure where you got that from

even you just said law enforcement can and do break the law?
SO what OT couldn;'t have made a mistake in things??

AGAIN, GAME WARDENS as law enforcement can use discretion, and make a judgement call
but the fact still remains the action done, is the action done, whether or not they choose to dis miss the action and NOT follow up with the law broken is THERE call
but law was still broken

would you want to be telling other hunters its OK to kill; a deer and then allow someone else to tag it, so they can keep hunting?/

I bet this answer is NO ??
Old 12-08-2017, 07:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

would you want to be telling other hunters its OK to kill; a deer and then allow someone else to tag it, so they can keep hunting?
Not one person on this thread has even alluded to such a thing. I suggest you go back to the OP. This thread is about 2 hunters each putting a hole in a deer and then trying to figure out who the deer belongs to. Only one of them can legally tag it so one of them will get to continue to hunt. What you're talking about and continue to cry about is a completely different set of circumstances.

In OT's scenario there was a wounded deer that was finished off shortly before the first hunter tracked it down. The youngster in question allowed the first hunter to tag it. OT was there and said that the action was perfectly legal. Personally I would have done the same thing and then continued to hunt.

Look at all the posts on this thread. Only you seem to be arguing about something the thread isn't about. Now you can start a new thread along that topic line and see what happens. Problem is you'll probably be too stubborn to do so.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with mrbb.

What if the old man never showed up??

Last edited by rogerstv; 12-08-2017 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Added another sentence.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rogerstv
I agree with mrbb.

What if the old man never showed up??
Then the kid would have tagged and taken the deer?
Old 12-08-2017, 10:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

rogers, do you have a reading comprehension problem? I clearly said the boy was starting fill out his tag when the old guy came puffing down the hill to the deer, obviously trailing it. "The boy was filling out his tag when an elderly man came hurrying down the steep wooded hill towards us and stopped by the deer. He told us he had been tracking the deer for over a quarter mile." How freaking hard is this to understand by reasonable people?? If no one showed up the kid would have finished tagging the deer and that would have been that.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 12-08-2017 at 11:01 AM.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

its works both ways Oldtimr
the fact is the boy planned to kill and tag deer, he was HUNTING< had NO clue guy was coming after deer, he KILLED it thinking it was HIS deer

things changed when other guy showed up
BUT BOY killed the deer
NOT the other hunter
its rather simple here
I again, CANNOT shoot a deer and have someone else tag it

YOU did NOT say in your story you were ACTING as a GAME warden and MAKING the call
you were just hunting
you even said it was the BOY that made the decision without you having to do anything

and last , and MY last post here
I said all along I think the RIGHT thing to have done was let the first shooter have the deer
but right and LEGAL are NOT always the same things
I am DONE here with this,. its as silly topic that will NEVER win either way, as unless this went to court, there is NO right or wrong as the issue was never pressed legally to find out
me NOT a warden or you being an EX one, has NO meaning here
a JUDGE would have to decide the case if it went that far(doubt it ever would)
Game wardens MAKE mistake, and its NOT that un common
a few yrs back a LONG time one went on WNEP PA's PA hunting show the outdoors show(forget exact name at this writing, sure oldtilmr knows the show I am talking about here)
and stated it was against the law to have more than 3 rounds in a rifle in deer season
which was dead wrong, and again a LONG time warden said it on TV
and they ended up doing a update to clear HIS mistake up, and that one was on TV here?
so, NO one is perfect!

and I":M out of this conversation, feel free to bash on me all you like
I'm done here
Old 12-08-2017, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

its works both ways Oldtimr
the fact is the boy planned to kill and tag deer, he was HUNTING< had NO clue guy was coming after deer, he KILLED it thinking it was HIS deer

things changed when other guy showed up
BUT BOY killed the deer
NOT the other hunter
its rather simple here
I again, CANNOT shoot a deer and have someone else tag it

YOU did NOT say in your story you were ACTING as a GAME warden and MAKING the call
you were just hunting
you even said it was the BOY that made the decision without you having to do anything

and last , and MY last post here
I said all along I think the RIGHT thing to have done was let the first shooter have the deer
but right and LEGAL are NOT always the same things
I am DONE here with this,. its as silly topic that will NEVER win either way, as unless this went to court, there is NO right or wrong as the issue was never pressed legally to find out
me NOT a warden or you being an EX one, has NO meaning here
a JUDGE would have to decide the case if it went that far(doubt it ever would)
Game wardens MAKE mistake, and its NOT that un common
a few yrs back a LONG time one went on WNEP PA's PA hunting show the outdoors show(forget exact name at this writing, sure oldtilmr knows the show I am talking about here)
and stated it was against the law to have more than 3 rounds in a rifle in deer season
which was dead wrong, and again a LONG time warden said it on TV
and they ended up doing a update to clear HIS mistake up, and that one was on TV here?
so, NO one is perfect!

and I":M out of this conversation, feel free to bash on me all you like
I'm done here
How do you determine who killed the deer if 2 hunters made lethal shots before the deer died?
Old 12-08-2017, 11:18 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by rockport
How do you determine who killed the deer if 2 hunters made lethal shots before the deer died?
Chicken or egg?lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.