Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Guaranteed tip to get your deer.............? >

Guaranteed tip to get your deer.............?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Guaranteed tip to get your deer.............?

Old 11-17-2017, 03:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default Guaranteed tip to get your deer.............?

I just got back from a week at deer camp with old buddies I have hunted with for almost 40 years. Every year we talk about our youth and how badly we wanted to shoot a deer as they were pretty scarce when we grew up in the 70 and early 80's. One story comes up every now and then and we have a good laugh.

Back in the 70's one of our buddies saw an ad in the back of a large outdoor magazine, stating if you send some money to an address in PA, they would send you a tip that would guarantee you your deer.

Well my buddy being young and naive, saved up the money and mailed it off to the post office box in PA. A couple weeks later an envelope arrived in the mail at his house with his guaranteed deer tip.

In summary, I recall the tip saying something to the affect:

"find a trail traveled frequently by deer. Put at piece of tin foil in a tree along side that trail at a height a deer can smell it. Once the deer comes along the trial and stops to sniff the tinfoil - shoot it. You got your deer."

We chuckle every time that story comes up.

Just curios, did anyone else send away money for that tip? I guess we should try it someday.

Last edited by Muskyhunter1; 11-20-2017 at 01:43 AM.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

If he saved the $ and sent it in, he had to of tried it. Right?

Such a wierd tip, not sure what there thinking is. Other than just getting your buddies $.
I loved hunting camp and old hunting buddies, always a good time. We no longer have a hunting camp that we go to, just the “old hunting buddies”.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

As said by P.T. Barnum a long time ago. There is a sucker born every minute.