Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Strategy Change??

Old 10-18-2017, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, on a computer again and got a edited screen shot of the area in discussion. About just under 200 acres total.

Blue Line = Zone boarders, should not enter area from these sides but as you see with the picture the field in the center makes it not entirely necessary.

Red Dots = Stand sites

Specific site I am talking about is the red dot in the top left.

The field is an LZ, all week you will have CH-53's landing and taking off or battalions setting up tents, HMMV, and other stuff for most of the week. Recon battalion is also not even a mile down the road and uses this area for training quite a bit.

Also added a topo if it would help.
Attached Thumbnails Strategy Change??-hunting-land.jpg   Strategy Change??-hunting-land-topo.jpg  
Old 10-19-2017, 07:55 AM
Spike

If you have an ATV possibly have someone drive you to the stand and drop you off. If deer are used to hearing it then it won't bother them to much. They will look at it as the 4-wheeler jumping them up/intruding, not you, the hunter.

Also, guessing you are walking through the woods from the main road?

Is is possible to kayak around to the border of the left hand blue zone and come in from that body of water? I actually have a place I have to do something similar with my kayak.