Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 baited area no good, doe scent help? >

baited area no good, doe scent help?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

baited area no good, doe scent help?

Old 10-26-2003, 12:20 PM

Default baited area no good, doe scent help?

Let' s say that you have a feeder on the side of a hill that is 150yds up from bottom to top and your feeder is located 100yds to the top. Lots of oak trees,not alot of brush. The bottom is a creek where the deer travel through. Well I have a feeder there for a couple weeks, I cant get the deer to feed the area of my property where the feeder is. Do you think if I took some of Doe in rut lure and maybe dripped some in the feeder area it might help the deer get to the feeder? I cant really take the feeder down the hill any further because it turns into someone elses property.

I thought if I used the tinks #69 lure there a deer might think there is activity up there, and if they saw the food then they might come and visit often..

Thanks

Troy
Old 10-26-2003, 07:57 PM

Default RE: baited area no good, doe scent help?

There has been 30 views, does that mean nobody in here has a clue and we all are rookies?

Troy
Old 10-26-2003, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

Dont know where your at but right now here in KY the deer have plenty of acorns to eat and aren' t eating much of my corn. They' ll find your corn just give them some time. Put some mollasis out by it and i guarantee they' ll find it.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:16 AM

Try some peanut butter......

Take a jar and put some holes in it, then nail the lid to a tree trunk or fence post, and screww the jar back on so the holes are downward. This will cause the butter to drip out slowly.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:43 AM
Typical Buck

Give it time the deer will find it. It took about two months for one of my feeder.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:50 AM

As others have said be patient they' ll find it. Sometimes it can take 6-8 weeks for them to find it and get use to it being there.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Once they start running out of other food choices they' ll start hitting the feeder. Unless they don' t like what you' re putting in it.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

There has been 30 views, does that mean nobody in here has a
clue and we all are rookies?
Some of us would be rookies because our state doesn' t allow it.

And some who view that are not allowed to bait like your state allows are only curious to see what you other " hunters" say.........
Old 10-27-2003, 09:50 AM
Typical Buck

How bout using good woodsmanship as opposed to relying on a feeder to do the work for you...hunt the terrain!
Old 10-27-2003, 10:06 AM

rochelle,
That sounds like a good idea, one that I have done my whole life. I have never hunted a baited area,or have never baited deer in any way.

We have a serious tresspassing/poaching problem out here in my area. So on my dad' s land I have put up some feeder' s to hopefully some part of the time the deer can hang out here, instead of hanging out in the wrong area' s, which I know they are going to do anyway " hey there deer I know they will move. But this area I think they will end up hanging out in,because its big enough and has alot of oaks in it, I am just trying to get them to hang out longer with the extra benefits I give them. There is noene in the woods here ever so they shouldnt ever get spooked, unless someone tries to tresspass my dads land which will not be good for the trespasser here in Arkansas.
Besides if I was to hunt the deer in my parents area they would be upset, They like having them around. Kinda like there bird feeders. They like eating deer just not there local ones. So I have many places to hunt deer, and its not in there area.

Thanks
Troy

Quick Reply: baited area no good, doe scent help?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.