Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wisconsin hunting

Old 10-18-2016, 06:15 PM
Spike

Default Wisconsin hunting

Me and a couple buddies are going to winsconsin this year to try to hunt some public land whitetail bucks! Thinkin buffalo county(of course like everyone else lol). If anyone has any advice they can send my way please do that would be awesome! I'm familiar with public land hunting in the Midwest as I have hunted Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio in the last 3 years
Old 10-19-2016, 01:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Forget Buffalo County. There's been too much hype. Hunting decent spots there will cost you.
Here's a little secret: All the counties in the southwestern part of the state along the Wisconsin and the Mississippi rivers have big deer. The oak covered bluffs there provide great escapes for pressured deer. They live long and well. Buffalo County just has better marketing.
Old 10-19-2016, 04:29 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Wingbone
Forget Buffalo County. There's been too much hype. Hunting decent spots there will cost you.
Here's a little secret: All the counties in the southwestern part of the state along the Wisconsin and the Mississippi rivers have big deer. The oak covered bluffs there provide great escapes for pressured deer. They live long and well. Buffalo County just has better marketing.
Yea we changed our mind and are going back a public land in southern Illinois. Thanks tho. Don't know anything on burning star 5 in de Soto Illinois do you?