Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Doe Wheezed and came back

Old 10-06-2016, 06:17 PM
Typical Buck

Well that's neat. I'll have to try that this season.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

When a deer stomps it's front foot...the scent gland between the hoof, spreads alarm scent on the ground.

I like to do a snort wheeze with my mouth, which might make a buck that heard it --- stop in it's tracks for a broadside shot.

Whitetail bucks sometimes make the snort wheeze, while tracking a hot doe, which might cause the doe to stop and let the buck catch up.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:46 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Erno86
When a deer stomps it's front foot...the scent gland between the hoof, spreads alarm scent on the ground.

I like to do a snort wheeze with my mouth, which might make a buck that heard it --- stop in it's tracks for a broadside shot.

Whitetail bucks sometimes make the snort wheeze, while tracking a hot doe, which might cause the doe to stop and let the buck catch up.
yeah they actually make a call to simulate the blow but its super easy to do on your own.......i just open my mouth but keep my teeth together and forcefully blow out.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great job on sticking it out. Sometimes perseverance pays off.

Erno86...thanks for the info. I've wondered what that gland was for.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

The alarm scent is from the interdigital gland, which are located between the hooves of each foot, emitting a yellow waxy substance.
Old 10-16-2016, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah Scotty, I have got to try blowing back. what do I have to loose!!
Old 10-17-2016, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

Had the opportunity to try this over the weekend. A spike walked in and roamed the area I was hunting. He eventually got to the trail I walked in on and caught my scent. He blew twice and trotted off then I blew at him once and never heard him or saw him again that afternoon. Not sure if it helped or not, but it got him to shut his trap! Every deer that's blew at me has at least blew 4 or 5 times.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BrushyPines
Had the opportunity to try this over the weekend. A spike walked in and roamed the area I was hunting. He eventually got to the trail I walked in on and caught my scent. He blew twice and trotted off then I blew at him once and never heard him or saw him again that afternoon. Not sure if it helped or not, but it got him to shut his trap! Every deer that's blew at me has at least blew 4 or 5 times.
He caught your scent means he knew what you were and knew you were danger if they don't see or smell you that's when you'll see how that works if that were a animal you wanted to shoot the call may get him or her to stop even for a moment and you can have a possible chance to get a shot.