Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

GEORGIA OPENING WEEKEND

Old 10-20-2003, 07:46 AM

Default GEORGIA OPENING WEEKEND

Well another opening weekend has come and gone. Saw quite a few deer and let a nice 8 and 9 pt walk Sunday morning and a 5 pt Sunday night walk. Lots of does and yearlings also. The eight and nine pt. were walking togeather they are 110-115 class deer and all the big does had yearling with them, so we all know what this means the rut is not close to coming in where i hunt. Let me know how the rut is going in your part of the world, hope it is alot more active than it is where i hunt, love to hear stories on deer during the rut they never seem to amaze me, let me know how it is going. Good Huntn

Old 10-20-2003, 07:54 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: GEORGIA OPENING WEEKEND

The bucks seem to be still in hiding where I am. Saw some does and yearlings but nothing to shoot this weekend. I agree that it' s too early for the rut. I see very little rutting activity so far. The rut this year may come a little later than normal. I did pick up another shed in my hunting spot from last year, so I think I' m in the right spot for the bucks. We' ll see as the year moves forward. Only 1 deer taken at our club this weekend and it was a doe.
Old 10-20-2003, 01:10 PM

Did nt get to go where i wanted to this weekend, I usually hutn Ft. Stewart but i forgot to check out last week after i got a doe with my blackpowder so i am suspended for a week. Anyways, the rut is on on Ft stewart, had one grunting chased a doe past me last week and on Oct. 4th, had a big 8 come strolling through nose to the ground. The rut usually peaks on Ft stewart around Oct. 4th, but anywhere from the 1st of Oct and Halloween usually see rutting activity. Well, as for opening weekend, i went to a dog hunting club with my friend and missed a doe. Thats ok, I got a doe and a big(for down here) 8 pt with my bow in September.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:26 PM

I am in SWGA and they never rut here till late Nov-early Dec.

I didn' t even hunt this weekend, but did some WMA scouting.

Fixin' ta score though!

I would like ta hunt w/ trophyhuntr...sounds great!
Old 10-20-2003, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

Haven' t seen any sig of rutting yet. Hunted with my bow all weekend and didn' t see much activity. Did somemore scouting but no rubs or scrapes found.
Old 10-20-2003, 10:51 PM

I hunted, seen a few deer but mostly does and yearlings. I did see one nice buck but he was on a mission I guess, passed through never offering a good shot.

I also was going to hunt Fort Stewart but they had the areas closed that I wanted to hunt.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:00 AM

Sounds to me like fort stewart has the rut going on, I give it 2-3 weeks in Morgan county where i hunt, thats ok want it to cool off anyways