Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Buckshot for deer hunting

Old 03-09-2018, 08:11 AM
Fork Horn

What OT said.

I use it in for my home defense, in addition to a number of handguns, but keep in mind, the range is not 35-50 yds, it's 0-25 ft! That's about the furthest I can see in my 5 bedroom home!

Some criticize me for not using it on deer? Never will I! I've seen too many run aways with "maybe I hit em". Slugs in a shotgun for hunting or start bowhunting and know your limits.

I'm very impressed with 4140 taking the time to test multiple loads But I stand by the above. "Spray and pray" with one shot is a poor way to go, restrictions aside(if that's all you can use, use it in the biggest balls you can in 3" form if possible).

REM7600