Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
One big reason I choose venison instead of lean beef!  Quality meat! >

One big reason I choose venison instead of lean beef! Quality meat!

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

One big reason I choose venison instead of lean beef! Quality meat!

Old 02-22-2016, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by gjersy
Yep kidoggy, i definitely love going out for Saturday night prime rib, and the occasional Whopper Wednesday gut bombs. But for me and the Fam Venison is #1. Sorry about your low venison stocks TSR6 Have you ever tried canning venison? I get an extra deer now and then and can a bunch in the pressure cooker, it keeps for a long time, and can help on lean years.
I have a FoodSaver Vacuum packer. It actually works very well for the venison stocks.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

We just use deer burger for everything that calls for loose meat all year every year.
We eat more deer than anything else(followed by fish)

If I feel the need to turn my deer meat into something else I just use something else.