Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

question

Old 12-15-2015, 11:35 AM
Spike

just gottA FIND OUT ABOUT BEIN IN A TREE STAND 10 FT. ABOVE GROUND TO SHOOT A 30-06
Old 12-15-2015, 12:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

All you have to do is call your game agency and asked the question.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Or go online. There isn't a state game dept in the nation that doesn't have a website that shows the regulations.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Or go online. There isn't a state game dept in the nation that doesn't have a website that shows the regulations. Maybe it is too hard to look up?
Old 12-15-2015, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags
Or go online. There isn't a state game dept in the nation that doesn't have a website that shows the regulations. Maybe it is too hard to look up?
Problem with that is, and I just checked on this myself for fact checking, most of those sites, a lot of times, don't have district specific special regs like the 10 foot rule. Some do, like Virginia, but I could find no mention of it on the NC state site but it seems there are a couple of districts in NC that have it. Stupidity abounds!
Old 12-15-2015, 03:17 PM
Spike

thats right [ shedding light on a subject does little for the blind ] and i feel blind right now
Old 12-15-2015, 03:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Problem with that is, and I just checked on this myself for fact checking, most of those sites, a lot of times, don't have district specific special regs like the 10 foot rule. Some do, like Virginia, but I could find no mention of it on the NC state site but it seems there are a couple of districts in NC that have it. Stupidity abounds!
Yep; I read the entire game booklet for NC and there was nothing in it about a 10 foot requirement up in the air with his rifle.
Old 12-15-2015, 04:33 PM
Spike

the hunter i was talking to wouldn`t have been lying to me , he had no reason to - i can see a reason for the 10 ft. cause the bullet up 10 ft. will not travel as far as level ground but man it put`s a real damper on everything - would of bought blk. powder if i knew this -
Old 12-15-2015, 04:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by standaman
the hunter i was talking to wouldn`t have been lying to me , he had no reason to - i can see a reason for the 10 ft. cause the bullet up 10 ft. will not travel as far as level ground but man it put`s a real damper on everything - would of bought blk. powder if i knew this -
Unless you can only hunt in an area where a tree stand isn't allowed, all that 10' requirement means is that you'll need to buy a stand or two and IMHO that isn't the end of the world.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I primarily bow hunt so about 85 to 90% of my hunting is from a tree stand as far as whitetail deer hunting. Pros: It gives you a better perspective (most times), gets you out of their USUAL sight line (don't let anyone fool you, deer do look up), makes your scent cone further out giving you a bit of a scent safe zone for the most part. Cons: Getting my fat arse up in the tree stand in the first place (I'm older than dirt so that's a double wammy), Packing a tree stand in and out, most stands are noisy putting them in, not all but most, kinda hard to get a better angle for a shot placement while stuck in a stand, you know, little difficult to step 3 feet to the right when that first step is a DOOZY , I actually know a fella that forgot he was in a tree stand when a 12 point monster stepped out and he tried stepping to the right to get a good shot angle Luckily he caught himself, sceered the buck right out of the county though with his "OH CRAP". Took me a bit to stop laughing when he told me that story.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.