Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Piebald TN fawn video

Old 12-01-2015, 02:57 PM
Spike

Default Piebald TN fawn video

Had this piebald fawn come in on me during bow season and it hung around long enough for me to get some footage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNC3KMTxJNs
Old 12-01-2015, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's cool. I shot one about 10yrs ago with my bow, a doe. We used to see one about every year at our place for probably 15 straight yrs...but haven't seen one in about the last 7-8yrs I think.
Coolest one I ever saw was a big ol doe... she was almost all white, but for a big brown patch on her head. One year she had 2 fawns, one piebald, one brown. She was around for about 3 seasons... none of us ever got her, no idea who did.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice video Zackman! You never know what you'll see while hunting. I had a pregnant piebald doe hanging around this spring, she got hit by a car, though, that was the only one we ever saw in the area.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's just ONE of the reasons we're out there, huh ??

Great find !!!

Last edited by Sheridan; 12-04-2015 at 06:26 PM.
Old 12-04-2015, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very good video. I spotted a nearly solid white doe some 20 years or so ago. First time I saw her she was a yearling. Thought it was somebody's white goat until it got to within 100 yards or so. Try as I might I never got a clear, close up photo of her. She had one tennis ball size tan spot on her left hip and black trim around her tail. As she aged her color became more of a creamy tan. The group I hunted with on that property put her "off limits" just because whe was so unique. Over that period of time, she threw one piebald doe, a solid white buck with a black trimmed face and feet, and several "normal" colored offspring including 4 sets of twins. We watched her for 8 seasons then saw her no more. The buck grew into a stud, but no one in my group ever had a clear shot at it. After his 6 th year none of us ever saw him again.