Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Hunting Snobbery Is Not Good For The Sport. >

Hunting Snobbery Is Not Good For The Sport.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting Snobbery Is Not Good For The Sport.

Old 11-13-2015, 03:47 PM
Spike

Default Hunting Snobbery Is Not Good For The Sport.

I guess the internet feeds on this sort of things, but it seems pretty big here. I'm sure like most posts that point out any faults then will be downvoted to hell, but at least it has been said.
You shot that Coyote/Bobcat/Prairie Dog etc how did it taste, my daddy said only kill what you eat.
Please don't take that so literal. I get it, you don't want things going to waste, but these animals are taken to prevent waste. Not all hunting is for food, lots of hunting is for population management, and to deal with predators. Predators that kill livestock which is not good for farmers. Sometimes population management is a win win because it provides more food. Oklahoma was asking hunters to take a couple extra doe last year, just for that reason.
If you're not from an area where hogs are destroying land, and multiplying by the millions maybe you should read up on it, before you issue such strong opinions on how many a hunting takes at once.
You hunt a feeder, that's not hunting
You walk down a trial in an orange suit and wait for something to cross your path, that's not hunting.
You hunt high fence, that's not hunting.
You hunt from a stand, not hunting,
You hunt like this it's not hunting.
Give it a rest, you're way of hunting may be the way you prefer, you may feel it's harder, you may feel you give the animal more "fair chase" That's FINE, keep it to your self. Not everyone has the chance to hunt like you do, many places don't have natural food plots. Many people start out hunting with a guide because they don't know where or how to hunt, so they need HELP not your smart alec comments. If someone is taking the game quickly and humanly, then leave them alone.
You hunt with a bow, that's awesome, you're awesome. Keep being awesome, I'll keep hunting with my rifle. Not because I think their is anything wrong with hunting with a bow, it's just another hobby I don't need.
Nothing wrong with having pride in what you do, but the constant ignorance,and bickering is a major turn off here.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:00 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by BuckRimfire
I guess the internet feeds on this sort of things, but it seems pretty big here. I'm sure like most posts that point out any faults then will be downvoted to hell, but at least it has been said.
You shot that Coyote/Bobcat/Prairie Dog etc how did it taste, my daddy said only kill what you eat.
Please don't take that so literal. I get it, you don't want things going to waste, but these animals are taken to prevent waste. Not all hunting is for food, lots of hunting is for population management, and to deal with predators. Predators that kill livestock which is not good for farmers. Sometimes population management is a win win because it provides more food. Oklahoma was asking hunters to take a couple extra doe last year, just for that reason.
If you're not from an area where hogs are destroying land, and multiplying by the millions maybe you should read up on it, before you issue such strong opinions on how many a hunting takes at once.
You hunt a feeder, that's not hunting
You walk down a trial in an orange suit and wait for something to cross your path, that's not hunting.
You hunt high fence, that's not hunting.
You hunt from a stand, not hunting,
You hunt like this it's not hunting.
Give it a rest, you're way of hunting may be the way you prefer, you may feel it's harder, you may feel you give the animal more "fair chase" That's FINE, keep it to your self. Not everyone has the chance to hunt like you do, many places don't have natural food plots. Many people start out hunting with a guide because they don't know where or how to hunt, so they need HELP not your smart alec comments. If someone is taking the game quickly and humanly, then leave them alone.
You hunt with a bow, that's awesome, you're awesome. Keep being awesome, I'll keep hunting with my rifle. Not because I think their is anything wrong with hunting with a bow, it's just another hobby I don't need.
Nothing wrong with having pride in what you do, but the constant ignorance,and bickering is a major turn off here.
sorry, please elaborate LOL.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:12 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Swayze
sorry, please elaborate LOL.
My thought on it is this.I don't care to do it, but I think of a friend of mine. He had never been hunting, and took his kids to a high fence ranch. Now this ranch was HUGE, but it still had high fences. They had a guide, and the helped them learn how to hunt. Now if they choose they can go on a regular hunt and have a better idea of wtf is going on. It's just another way to look at it. I'd agree that "canned" hunts are not my ideal way of doing things, and I don't do it. Canned seems pretty lame.
Old 11-13-2015, 05:01 PM
Spike

My thought on it is this.I don't care to do it, but I think of a friend of mine. He had never been hunting, and took his kids to a high fence ranch. Now this ranch was HUGE, but it still had high fences. They had a guide, and the helped them learn how to hunt. Now if they choose they can go on a regular hunt and have a better idea of wtf is going on. It's just another way to look at it. I'd agree that "canned" hunts are not my ideal way of doing things, and I don't do it. Canned seems pretty lame.
I've read this twice and I can't discern nor distract any meaning from this,
Old 11-14-2015, 08:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't think there will be any lack of people supporting my thoughts on your friend's kids being taught how to "hunt" by a guide on a high fence operation. I believe he more likely taught them how to kill an animal and when that animal would be there.

Do I hear a dinner bell?