Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Northeast Florida Rut

Old 11-07-2015, 07:44 AM
Typical Buck

Default Northeast Florida Rut

It was confirmed today when my mom got a nice doe. It was already bred and maybe for 2-3 months. Had twins in her. I kind of figured it was over but I had hope it wasn't. Really early this year. Seen all the good sign and big boys in late August and early September and they are gone now. Coming sporadically. FWC needs to move the season a month earlier.
Old 11-07-2015, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

Ii was in levy county a week ago and saw a four pointer dogging a doe hard, doe the rut change that much in an area 2.5 hours away?
Old 11-08-2015, 04:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

When I hunted northwest FL around P/Cola the rut was in Jan. Wonder why it is earlier in northeast FL. MLK holiday is usually in the middle of the rut around P/Cola.
Old 11-08-2015, 12:10 PM
Typical Buck

All the does may not be bred yet. The younger does will still need to be bred so there still may be a little trickle rut. But the majority of does should have been bred by now, which I think in my area this may be case because I am already seeing bachelor groups again.
Old 11-14-2015, 01:43 PM
Typical Buck

Looks like there is a little secondary rut with the last of the does in heat. About 5 bucks have been harvested within the week and a lot more movement. Saw a nice buck on the side of the highway at 330pm today. The little cold front could be helping as well.