Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
WI blaze orange requirement OR pink!?!? >

WI blaze orange requirement OR pink!?!?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

WI blaze orange requirement OR pink!?!?

Old 10-28-2015, 02:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default WI blaze orange requirement OR pink!?!?

Wisconsin currently has a bill that would allow hunters to wear bright pink as well as blaze orange to meet the safety requirement it appears that it will pass easily. Supporters are stating that they believe it will bring more women into the field as well as boost clothing manufacturers.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:14 PM
Fork Horn

I would imagine the fashion sales to woman are the motivation behind it. Some one is getting their pockets lined in the deal, you can bet on that.
I don't care one way or the other, but where is the science behind it that supports the safety aspect of it being as visible or more so to the human eye as the standard blaze orange? Particularly in low light and adverse conditions. That should be the bottom line.
There is a good reason blaze orange has been the standard for all these years.

If a women, or man for that matter, is out there just to make a fashion statement they need to find another hobby as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by tndrbstr; 10-28-2015 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:26 PM
Dominant Buck

I am not in favor of using any other color other than blaze orange for hunter safety. Different colors are affected by low light situations and having 2 or more base colors all taking on a different look early and late just leaves more room for error. I doubt there are many women who want to hunt and won't due to having to wear an ugly colored vest.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmmm ! Sure some of your legislators have not been making trips to Colorado ! Next thing you know you guys will be wearing Fuschia or Salmon or Cyan.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you can believe it, in SoCal at one time of year, almost all of our game seasons are open.

...................... and "We" have NO blaze requirement !

That's California ?!?!
Old 10-28-2015, 03:42 PM
Dominant Buck

I have to admit when I was young and foolish I wore all green woolies when hunting my native Vermont. It took years to smarten up but now I wouldn't venture out anywhere during rifle season without an orange hat and vest. Certainly more visible to hunters but I don't think it matters to the deer especially in the snow. Being safe just makes good sense.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

At one time during my youth Michigan's law required red to be worn by hunters in the woods during firearm deer season. I would consider pink to be about the same as red. Why not that bright safety lime green instead.

My self I wear just a blaze stocking cap and a blaze orange hood will hang off my back. But I hunt only my own private property and have spent years in court with trespassers so that isn't a problem any longer.

Al
Old 10-29-2015, 08:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am against changing the existing law for the requirement of blaze orange to include pink- in any state that currently requires blaze orange.

I can think of no reason related to safety to allow for pink. HOWEVER, I can think of a reason to not allow pink and that is that hunters are accustomed to recognizing blaze orange as another hunter.

This is stupid. This is politics. (Well I guess that is saying this is stupid twice.)

Just another way for some desperate politicians to try and get a few more women's votes.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am not so sure about "pink" or even the bright "lime green" such as I have seen road crews wearing. But I am sure about blaze orange. It is visible a long, long way off. So, if you see something easing (well sort of limping) along that looks like a 250 pound pumpkin on legs, it just might be me. Please don't shoot ! My lenders need me.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

My daughter ask for pink camo.......I told he we weren't hunting unicorns.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.