Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
WI blaze orange requirement OR pink!?!? >

WI blaze orange requirement OR pink!?!?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

WI blaze orange requirement OR pink!?!?

Old 11-02-2015, 04:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MaineRida
If the colors of fluorescent orange,pink, and lime green can be equally identified at the same distances and light conditions then I do not have an issue with any of the colors. I have never seen a deer in any of those colorations, secondly I have always identified sex of the animal prior to launching any projectile.
I too wore hunter red and green plaid during deer season for many years and could discern hunters that wore those colors.
What I do not like is the long distance identification of a hunters sex by the color they are wearing. Though there may be a few males wearing pink but the majority would be women and I just don't like what that could produce.
I would like to think hunters mistaking people for deer is not the primary issue as much as not seeing the person behind the deer.